PDA

View Full Version : Daikin R22 3 pipe VRV issues!!

djwilson77
24-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Hi all,

I've got a site that has an old R22 Daikin VRV RSEY10G with 8 fan coils attached. Problem is that after a power outage i have 7 systems showing U9 comms fault and one showing A9 EEV fault. With this being the case the whole system does not run. Parts for this equipment are no longer available as far as I'm aware now but i need to find a way around this problem short term as the equipment is due to be replaced soon but is needed now. Is there a way of resetting or removing this unit? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

r.bartlett
24-05-2014, 02:59 PM
electrically isolate the faulty unit and do a hard reset

( turn off outdoor unit hold reset button
turn outdoor on keep hold for 15 secs
wait for unit to go through it's set up)
http://www.ksservices.com/PDFs/Toshiba/VRVII%2520%2520basic%2520training.pdf
to get the system back up and running,

that buy's you time to get the parts which will be available from DUK. Depending on which EEV I may have one on another site we're refitting.

djwilson77
24-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the reply. Just a couple of questions. Do I need turn off all units when carrying out a reset? Is there an order of turning them back on? Will the system automatically set itself up? We usually only work with Mitsubishi electric so excuse my lack of knowledge of Daikin! Thanks again :0)

r.bartlett
24-05-2014, 05:57 PM
I assume there is no imanager etc. No faulty indoor off then the outdoor off/on sequence

The hard reset will lose the missing indoor unit from the outdoor memory provided it remains off at all times.

djwilson77
24-05-2014, 07:36 PM
There is no central controller, just individual controllers for each fan coil. I've got to get this sorted on Monday so fingers crossed! So isolate faulty indoor then switch on existing working indoor units and then outdoor whilst holding reset button? If I need parts I may be in contact! Cheers.

djwilson77
24-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Just read your reply and understand it now, sorry. Isolate faulty unit and then outdoor on/off reset :0)

r.bartlett
24-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Just read your reply and understand it now, sorry. Isolate faulty unit and then outdoor on/off reset :0)

yes sorry I'm concentrating on other things so my grammar was very poor. .

Turn off faulty indoor , carry out hard reset on outdoor.

Leave 15 minutes and you should be good to go. During that time set the good indoor units on cool 16c (or heat 26c) as this means the outdoor unit should fire up as soon as it's ready, otherwise you may be sitting there for hours thinking it hasn't worked!

djwilson77
24-05-2014, 08:23 PM
No worries, thanks very much. If this works you'd have done me a very big favour ;)

djwilson77
26-05-2014, 09:46 AM
There doesn't seem to be a reset button on the outdoor PCB?

r.bartlett
26-05-2014, 12:37 PM
There doesn't seem to be a reset button on the outdoor PCB?

post a pic of the pcb.

r.bartlett
26-05-2014, 01:22 PM
looking at the manual it seems you may have to re configure the indoor units and do a line check . I can try to find out more.

ftp://82.119.102.170/AiDisk_a1/z%C3%A1loha/Pr%C3%A1ca/CHLADENIE/daikin/Servisn%C3%A9%20manu%C3%A1ly/vrv/sm%20VRV.pdf

djwilson77
26-05-2014, 03:58 PM
In the end we isolated the faulty AHU and BS box electrically and joined the comms wiring as the faulty unit has now been condemned. This seems to work ok now and no fault codes have come up. Thanks for your help and advice :cool:

VRVIII
26-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Hi

A9 error = Faulty indoor unit EEV drive motor, the outdoor unit will be shut down and all other indoors will indicate a U9 error. This is done to protect the outdoor as the refrigerant flow through the faulty indoor can't be regulated.

I would suggest replacing the eev drive motor as they are under £100

If you have disconnected the faulty indoor unit you also need to confirm the EEV is in the closed position, if the valve is open liquid refrigerant will flow through the indoor into the suction resulting in potential liquid pumping.
I would suggest you run the system in cooling mode then measure the suction line temp local to the indoor to confirm if the valve is passing refrigerant.