PDA

View Full Version : cascade systems

Nuklhed
27-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Hi there
Im looking for a book called "Simplified Cascade Syatems" by "Frank Fulkerson" . I have found several listings for it but so far no one has it in stock.
Let me know if anyone knows where I can get a new or used copy.

Thanks for your help
Nuklhed

Rob S
28-03-2006, 04:55 AM
Best way to work on chambers is to just do it.
I always take all the panels off, tear out the insulation, check oil for acid, temp the cylinder heads, check high stage superheat, check lowstage superheat (remember no more than -20F suction gas return temp), check Mega Ohms, check amps, check volts, static pressure, high stage charge, compare data to compressor OEM run data, check for leaks, run the chamber up and down and compare to OEM time....I basicly just go through everything. I can spend almost a day, possibly more, on a shock chamber.

If ya have to open up either stage... take apart the valves and check for oil or trash, check the oil screen, put in a core drier,... to much to list.

Basicly if your a good refer mechanic. You shouldn't have much problem working on these systems. Don't let them scare ya. Keep an open mind, don't try to diagnos it in 10mins, and remember its the high stage you need to have running first.

As for the controllers... if they're aftermarket controllers then just get the data from them. If your working on Thermotrons or any other with proprietary controllers. Good luck getting that info.

Oh ya.. there are recovery units for very high pressure gas.

Nuklhed
28-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Hey Rob
You have answered some of my initial questions and have giving me a little more confidence, like which stage to get running first, I had already thought of that. I feel a little better now.
Thanks for your response
Nuklhed

Rob S
29-03-2006, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the black arts of refrigeration. :)

sagittarius
30-03-2006, 09:44 AM
Let me know if anyone knows where I can get a new or used copy.

Thanks for your help
Nuklhed
I am just looking for this aspect book.If you find it ,tell me or email to me especially ebook.tks a lot.

NoNickName
30-03-2006, 01:04 PM
I would also be interested