PDA

View Full Version : Mitsi Fault

richelli
27-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Hope someone can help with this one. . .

mitsubishi inverter split system

The indoor unit requires a three pole isolator as per diagram. Should the customer switch the indoor isolator off and back on the unit goes off on a fault code, and does not reset until the power to the outdoor unit is switched off and back on as well. This causes nuisance call backs. Any ideas on how this could remedied?

Thanks

Brian_UK
27-03-2006, 07:04 PM
One question is "Why does the customer keep turning the indoor unit off at it's power source?"

If they are using incorrectly then they perhaps need some additional instruction on the correct usage or they must be prepared to keep paying for the callouts.

If they insist on doing this, bearing in mind that the condensate pump will not work, then perhaps you could add a separate contactor to the outdoor unit. Link this contactor, through a time delay, to the power feed to the indoor unit.

This way when they switch off the indoor unit the contactor feeding the outdoor will drop out. When they repower the indoor then the time delay will reset the system automatically.

Hope this helps.

richelli
27-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Thanks and yes that would work but seems a lot of messing about when there should be a simple answer. Although the customer shouldn't knock the unit off it has happened and is quite annoying. The customer decided he would clean the filters so as a safety measure knocked the isolator off. And wasnt very happy when I had to be called out because of it. Although it would make me money its not the type of call out I would like to keep charging for. Some Maintainance guys really can be fussy about health and safety and insist on knocking it off for the most stupid reasons.

If only everyone had common sense! lol