PDA

View Full Version : COP cooling and heating

jdunc2301
16-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Hi all,

I'm currently using cool pack software for plotting some pressure enthalpy diagrams, this software gives me the COP of the system, I'm vaguely aware of using the chart to find the refrigeration effect, work by compressor, and total heat of rejection. Plotting on cool pack software using evp pressure cond pressure sub cool and superheat.

Ref effect/work by comp =cop

I want to know how to calculate the cop heating, given a certain set of inputs, It's in relation to air and ground source heat pumps, cooling isn't really important.

Can anyone help?

marc5180
16-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Hi all,

I'm currently using cool pack software for plotting some pressure enthalpy diagrams, this software gives me the COP of the system, I'm vaguely aware of using the chart to find the refrigeration effect, work by compressor, and total heat of rejection. Plotting on cool pack software using evp pressure cond pressure sub cool and superheat.

Ref effect/work by comp =cop

I want to know how to calculate the cop heating, given a certain set of inputs, It's in relation to air and ground source heat pumps, cooling isn't really important.

Can anyone help?

Just add 1 to your cooling COP to get COPh

jdunc2301
16-05-2014, 10:34 PM
so with an example of 3.5 cop literally just add 1? so 4.5

how accurate is that? will be using as a tool to shut problems up ;)

Rob White
17-05-2014, 12:17 AM
so with an example of 3.5 cop literally just add 1? so 4.5

how accurate is that? will be using as a tool to shut problems up ;)

It is 100% accurate.

Think about what your Total Heat of Rejection is??

Heat of Rejection is Refrigeration Effect (RE) and compressor Work Done (WD) added together.

So COP of Heat output will always be one higher than COP of cooling.

Regards

Rob