PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba multi got me confused.

Swamppy
15-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Been on site 3 times now trying to sort multi split fault. It's a RAS m14GAV-e. 2 x indoors. Unit A cooling fine but unit B not doing anything apart from blowing recirculating air. Did have bit of cooling from it on first visit but now nothing. Have replaced PULSE MOTOR VALVE on unit B but to no effect. After speaking to toshiba technical they suspect possible blockage in pipe or faulty PMV BODY. just curious but when unit B faults I have no liquid at discharge pipe at condenser ? There's gas there but no liquid as with the running unit I have. Another thing is as there are two pairs of pipes going back to condenser when I shut down unit A discharge valv e the unit pulls into suction as I'd expect but doing the same to unit B there's little or no pull down on gauge. Apologies for it being a bit long winded. Any thoughts .

leegally1983
15-05-2014, 02:52 PM
could be valve body or blocked strainer they tend to put them before and after the PMV, have you tried just running the faulty unit on its own without the other system to confirm that it isnt being starved of refrigerant? i had a similare fault to this once and after removing the valve body i found a metal mess which had come away from the strainer all crumpled up and causing a blockage.

Swamppy
15-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Thanks for reply, as far as insolating just the faulty unit I tried that with no luck. The bit that got me stumped was surely even with blockage I should still be able to pump down that circuit.