PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRVII J2 error

Josh77
13-05-2014, 02:34 PM
Hi all,

i have a problem with a Daikin RXYQ16M VRV II external unit. I turn the AC on then about half an hour an error J2 displays on the remote control, blinking. I turn it off wait few seconds then turn on again. Again another half an hour, and the same thing happens. I have searched around and found out that this is a fault of: 1. the current sensors, 2. the compressor, or 3. the PCB.

I need some hints how to find it out exactly which is the source of this error.
Thank you very much in advance.

Best, Josh

barrym
13-05-2014, 03:37 PM
It is the outdoor current sensor

install monkey
13-05-2014, 08:19 PM
check you have 3 phase at the outdoor terminals

Josh77
13-05-2014, 09:27 PM
I did check the 3 phases and i have them all. The current sensors are measuring only "R" phase. I have checked the connections if they were lose etc, but everything looks OK.

Josh77
13-05-2014, 10:18 PM
I went a bit further and did a test run. Measured the amps on each phase etc. with 1 indoor machine running was around 4,5-4,8 amps on each phase.
There is 2 current sensors checking the current of the R phase and these 2 wires running through the coil of the sensors, right? After the current sensor these 2 wires are connecting to 2 magnetic contactors that give the power to 2 compressors. these 2 are not running at all there is no current that the sensors can measure.
The 3rd compressor starts up and runs nicely...this gets powered from the PC0208-1 board that is behind the PCB...and there i donīt see any current sensor... and oooops, crashes again...after about 25 minutes of operation...so this must be on that board...