PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Model BRC1E5

Franksonny
10-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Morning all.

I'm a mechanical supervisor and my company are close to completing a large residential project in London.
The house has 4 separate VRV systems throughout and the units are heat pumps.

The system was commissioned about 6 weeks ago by our subcontract installer. On doing my final walk round yesterday, I noticed that some of the wall mounted remotes don't seem to be displaying all of the information. (there are 12 in total)

On 5 of the RC's, when you press the Operation mode button you can scroll through, Auto/Dry/Heat/Cool /Fan (which I believe is correct)
4 of them only show Heat/Fan/Dry and 3 only show Cool/Fan/Dry ??
Why are some of these operation modes not displayed on certain controllers?

I've looked through the menu's and nothing jumped out at me as a parameter that could be changed. It is my understanding that all options should be available?

I've got the installers coming back on Monday but would like a heads up on what the problem might be. Hopefully it's something simple.

Thanks in advance.

install monkey
10-05-2014, 12:29 PM
if its a 2 pipe(no bc boxes)- then 1 controller will be dedicated as "master" which will allow all modes, the other controllers will only allow heat or cool and fan-

install monkey
10-05-2014, 12:36 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/view/gye3b6nyw1xt0dt/BRC1E51_Quick_Reference.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/view/g3goyteu8lcn0ne/EDUS72_975.pdf
2nd manual page 19- setting a master controller

Franksonny
10-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Thanks mate.

It is a two pipe. Not sure how the units are configured but I'll get it checked.

I'm still confused as to why some controllers will only select heat and some will only select cool. Not set up properly?

r.bartlett
10-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Thanks mate.

It is a two pipe. Not sure how the units are configured but I'll get it checked.

I'm still confused as to why some controllers will only select heat and some will only select cool. Not set up properly?

different systems will have a different master. so if one master is on cool -all the other units on that system will be locked to cool and same for any master set on heat.

r.bartlett
10-05-2014, 06:18 PM
is it a working environment?

Franksonny
10-05-2014, 11:48 PM
is it a working environment?

Job? Yes.

Was that a good guess or is it a small world.;)

r.bartlett
11-05-2014, 07:13 AM
Job? Yes.

Was that a good guess or is it a small world.;)

bit of investigation and guesswork, we tendered this via KMS but I seem to remember it was spec'ed Mitsi?

Franksonny
11-05-2014, 07:47 AM
Job is in NW8. Quite impressed you worked it out if its the right job.

Thanks for your help guys and I understand what the original issue is now.
Being a pipe fitter, means I'm not that fluent in all things AC related but at least I've found a good forum to come and seek advice.

Cheers.

r.bartlett
11-05-2014, 08:41 AM
Job is in NW8. Quite impressed you worked it out if its the right job.

Thanks for your help guys and I understand what the original issue is now.
Being a pipe fitter, means I'm not that fluent in all things AC related but at least I've found a good forum to come and seek advice.

Cheers.

All good, I know WE via Allen Miles ( I used you guy's for some plumbing work near Oxford) but I knew Gerry H first but from outside work.,

Just checked my records the job we quoted was Buckingham gate not NW8:)