PDA

View Full Version : Issues With Building Refrigerator into counters?

Tim Mullins
10-05-2014, 05:58 AM
Okay. Let me make a point or two here. I am not a licensed technician in this field, nor have I been to a refrigeration school.

That said, I have some experience in refrigeration from a long stint with a seafood company. After retirement, I wanted to put some of that knowledge to work in a home. The walk ins were a snap. They're already in place. But when I started to complete my idea, by building several large refrigerators at strategic locations in my kitchen(all under counter), a ton of issues popped up. Rather strange for such a straightforward task, is it not? I wasn't trying to acquire any of the tightly watched refrigerants the government gets so uptight about or anything. All I was going to do, was install a couple of compressors and condensers.

I had planned to have a local service individual complete the setup, and charge the system. Is this a reasonable thing to do?

In case you're wondering, it's our local community development officials who are having a cow. I live in Washington State if that means anything. Being retired, I'm bored. Decided to get creative.

Rob White
10-05-2014, 12:56 PM

If you plan on doing the work and then getting
"a local service individual to complete the setup"
to complete it all, I can't see what the problem is.

You don't actually explain what the problem is
or I'm being usually dense..............................

"it's our local community development officials who are having a cow"

Why are they "having a cow"?

Is it planning consent, building regulations or something like that?

Have you had instructions about what you can and can't do?
If you have run foul of local regulations, then surly the regulations
need to be adhered to and you will have to comply with local rules.

If you post your specific problems then maybe we can help?

Regards

Rob