PDA

View Full Version : Advent of Lineset Thievery

mccoolair@yahoo
27-03-2006, 02:48 AM
Hello all, first things first/and where to begin? I don't know how widespread this problem is, but in the southern USA (Texas)the value of copper is high enough to warrant stealing it for profitable gain by the unemployed and other desperados. Anyway, it is creating a new market as well for refrigeration businesses to right this wrong and restore those systems victimized back to normal (problem free) operation. What is your experience with this dilemma and what special issues would you address in putting back into operation a refrigeration system torn apart?

US Iceman
27-03-2006, 03:21 AM
I have had several experiences with this problem. Once the copper was taken off of my truck right in front of the house. A nice neighborhood in the country.

The first time I interrupted the people right in the act. Nothing lost that time thankfully.

After this I resolved to place the copper tubing in the stores, until I was ready to use it.

I never saw or had a problem with the tubing being stolen from an existing installation though.

I would pay money to see someone try this with ammonia piping! :D

NoNickName
27-03-2006, 07:26 AM
Common problem in all eastern europe. I once sent a crate full of copper pipes into a working site.
Went there to build the circuit, and found the only wood of the crate.