PDA

View Full Version : Daikin FDYQ125LV1 ducted - not heating

thx
06-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Hopefully someone could give me some advice or help regarding my issue with my Daikin ducted aircon. Has worked perfectly for the past 5 1/2 years, and up until about a week ago when we started using heat as weather got colder its worked as normal. Last 4/5 days it simply will not heat, no combination of temp/zones etc will heat the house. It turns on, blows air but its not heated air.

Now I've had the tech from the company who installed visit twice, both times say everything is ok, and that it "works" when he tested during the day. I come home at night, turn it on, nothing, will not heat. I did manage to get it to work tonight temporarily by switching the main power off wait a min, switch back on. It worked normally for approx. 1 hour before not heating again.

Any ideas? the technician visits when my wife and I are at work, father in law opens up for him, lets him do his thing and he leaves. He said he adjusted the sensor today. Any ideas please?

RCBARBER
06-05-2014, 10:00 PM
not sure how famillier you are with the kit, but could to take a temperture reading of the air going in and out of the indoor coil?

thx
07-05-2014, 01:04 AM
Maybe but not immediately, am at work. Just on the air coming from the vents, it feels dry but not warm. After I flipped the main power switch, on/off it started working and the air from the vents was warm. This however only lasted 20mins before again it stopped heating.

AC_From_Hell
07-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Doesn't it display any error code? I am not very familiar with Daikin units, but usually the wired remote controls do display error, without manual checking for it.

Secondly the temperature reading is also important as stated by rcbarber. Maybe a defective thermistor?

install monkey
07-05-2014, 08:44 PM
get him back if it aint working correctly- and make sure your there, main thing is clean coils, correct gas charge, and no blocked vents

thx
08-05-2014, 04:07 AM
Yep I've got them coming back and coming early when it is cold, since according to the tech it works ok during the day but during the night zip. It has however worked last night since I flipped the main power, maybe the old turn it on and off again trick has worked (what we do in IT).

RCBARBER
09-05-2014, 06:53 PM
Sounds like its hitting LP overnight, Daikin would defently throw a fault at you though. Let me know what happens after he visits next, im intrested lol. Also what kind of temp does it dip/top too in sydney?

install monkey
09-05-2014, 08:49 PM
is the remote control wireless???- press and hold cancel button for 10 seconds with the controller pointing at the unit- press press timer and the unit will give short beeps every time you press it- also alternating fault codes- when you get a long beep thats your fault- do it after the unit stops when its cold, have you got a list of fault codes?

thewool
24-06-2014, 02:14 AM
Hi there.

Exactly the same issue here.

Please refer to similar threads:

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?39502-daikin-RZQ160KV4A-heat-issues&p=281350&highlight=#post281350

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?42078-Daikin-refrigerant-leak

After 2 winters 12 service callouts and daikin replacing countless parts, re-gasing etc they have agreed to replace the indoor and outdoor units, but will not extend the warranty, ie 6 months warranty left. They are replacing with the new model - rzq125kcv4a. Hope it works. (anyone have this?)

This is after much much hassle and hundreds of phone calls/emails. and pressure from consumer affairs and ACCC and a threat of VCAT.

Because there are a few of us, I now believe its a design fault.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are going. Sounds like its out of warranty. If it is, then I don't like your chances of getting this fixed. Speak to Consumer Affairs. Regardless of the warranty, they are supposed to be of 'merchantable quality' for a 'reasonable' amount of time.
You could argue that a $10,000(?) system should last longer than 5 years.

If they do happen to fix it, it would be great to know exactly what they did.

I really hope you don't have to go through what I did...good luck.

Cheers.