PDA

View Full Version : Help with Daikin BRC1D61 field codes

VictorBrown
06-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Good evening all, I hope someone can help,

I've just bought a house with a Daikin ducted system. The controller is a BRC1D61 and the fan runs continuously when the power is on (whether it's actually heating or not). I've spent a lot of time reading online and it appears that code 21.2.02 is supposed to cut the fan off unless the unit is actively heating or cooling. I can get into the menu fine, get to code 21 fine, but to the left there are only dashes where the other setting should be, and I cannot get them to change with the timer button as I've read about. It appears to work on other codes (I haven't confirmed the changes).

I did notice on a forum somewhere that someone had a similar issue, managed to get a service tech on the phone and they had the guy change a setting in the 50 menu (he didn't say what setting).

Any ideas how to get it to change? We're getting tired of the air blowing all the time when it's cold... :eek:

Thanks!
Vic

Bones
15-07-2014, 11:09 PM
With the fan off with compressor unit will still bring indoor fan on every 6 minutes on high for 30 seconds to a minute to take an air sample.

frank
16-07-2014, 08:43 AM
You can make the settings on code 11. 2. 02 or 21.2. 02

Bones
16-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Haven't played with Daikin for a while but from memory...

Field code changes that are made in the 11's if you want to check what the 11 code is set for you check that in the 21's.

agent006
05-01-2015, 02:49 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I've spent ages searching for this kind of info since we had our daikin system installed 18 months ago, so the more answers out there the better.

For fan shutoff you're looking for:

22(12)-3 = Fan speed at set heat (1=LL,2=As Set on controller,3=Off)
22(12)-6 = Fan speed at set cool (1=LL,2=As Set on controller,3=Off)

The different codes (12 and 22) are for if you have multiple units on one controller. To set them all to the same, use the 12 code. To set individual units differently, use the 22 code (unit number will show on top left). This is the same for all the 1x and 2x codes AFAIK.

We use the 22 code to set the perimiter units (near draughty windows) to leave the fan running and the inner units to run the fan down to LL.

One thing to be careful of is if you're using the return air sensor only (10-2-2), I've found that if you run the fans down at set heat, the temperature at 1 meter (roughly desk height in an office) will drop as all the heat rises and the fans aren't moving enough air to mix the hot and cold areas. This is especially a problem if you have high cielings.