PDA

View Full Version : Leisure HJA6100 (beko I think) E4 fault

G Cook
04-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Hi all,

I was asked to look at one of these - Leisure HJA6100 Error code E4 was being displayed which is defrost heater fault. Evaporator was iced up. Once ice had melted I returned to check it, found a circuit through the defrost heater, gave it an independent supply and it heated. Let the cabinet run and checked the termination stat attached to the evap, no circuit through it. I was thinking this was the fault, ordered part and returned to fit, fitted it to find e4 still being displayed!!

Any ideas??

(I brought the old termination stat away and checked it again - it is faulty!)

install monkey
04-05-2014, 09:53 PM
air sensors ok?

G Cook
04-05-2014, 10:42 PM
As far as I'm aware they are - E4 relates to defrost heater fault and the evaporator had not been getting a defrost, it had a full even covering of frost.

install monkey
04-05-2014, 10:49 PM
is the sensor in the coil sensing correctly?- unplug it for 12 hrs and all sensors should have the same resistance, also was there power to the faulty termination stat? could be a duff board- dont do domestics so i may be wrong

G Cook
04-05-2014, 11:00 PM
Theres a sensor onto the suction line which I'm assuming is the fan sensor. I'm guessing the defrost is only controlled by the board and termination stat. Duff board was my thoughts aswell install. It is rather strange how the termination stat is also faulty.