PDA

View Full Version : Need some help Daikin Ducted System

iceman007
25-04-2014, 01:58 PM
I could really use some help with a service manual for a Daikin ducted a/c. Outdoor unit model RY200KUY1, and indoor unit model number FDY80KAY1.

Problem is with the indoor part, fault code A6, which is from memory a fan motor lock, so not sure if the PCB is the problem or the fan itself yet, as haven't had too much time to look properly at it. It's a 2002 installation with a multipoint zoning system. I can't find a service manual for it anywhere, and I thought I would have one, but don't.

Thanks if anyone can help.....Makes a nice change from chillers !!!

Anz
25-04-2014, 05:02 PM
The fault will stay in the memory until u clear it - press test to show the fault with controller off then hold on/off until it clears :)

install monkey
25-04-2014, 07:42 PM
a6 fan locked-is the filter clean, does the fan rotate freely? maybe 1 of the tappings for the fan speed is dead, capacitor ok

iceman007
27-04-2014, 11:43 AM
The filter is clean (first thing I checked). Access is not great so I have taken out the return air grille . I haven't been able to hand rotate the fan yet as I suppose I will have to strip half the unit out to get at it. The unit plate on the inside unit shows it having a three phase supply (even though I thought it would just take a phase off the condensing unit).

I thought about the capacitor as well but with no service manual it makes it harder. I did reset the fault but comes up immediately as soon as you turn on the controller.

install monkey
27-04-2014, 12:22 PM
http://file.thermotrade.ru/techno/Daikin%202013/Sky/%C2%ED%F3%F2%F0%E5%ED%E8%E5/FD-K/FD08-15K_service%20manual_en.pdf
service manual

iceman007
27-04-2014, 01:01 PM
Thanks. A little light bedtime reading. Something to look forward to fixing tomorrow in a 60 degree roof.

iceman007
27-04-2014, 02:07 PM
http://file.thermotrade.ru/techno/Daikin%202013/Sky/%C2%ED%F3%F2%F0%E5%ED%E8%E5/FD-K/FD08-15K_service%20manual_en.pdf
service manual

Interestingly a belt drive fan, and a magnetic switch. I wouldn't mind betting the belt has broken.

iceman007
28-04-2014, 01:21 AM
As it happens the belt isn't broken. The PCB looks OK as well, two flashing lights. The fan turns easily by hand, so that isn't seized. I couldn't stay there too long so didn't finish off, but it looked like the overload was tripped as it was sticking out quite noticeably, but as I have not turned off the power fully, I am not resetting it without checking the motor resistance, which should be all the same as it's a three phase fan motor. Once I've done that, then I'll check for the overload. Very strangely though, the breaker (when I left) was off and will not reset. the mechanism in them is supposed to snap it back to the on position when it's reset, and I noticed that there is no resistance to resetting the breaker, it just feels loose. You can hold it on, but it won't stay on, and this has been happening for a week or two I believe. Luckily I've got a spare one somewhere so will fit that later and check all the other things. Perhaps that will solve my problem, but if it doesn't then I'm down to the contactor/overload or the relay.

iceman007
01-05-2014, 01:44 PM
a6 fan locked-is the filter clean, does the fan rotate freely? maybe 1 of the tappings for the fan speed is dead, capacitor ok

Turned out to be a rat which had chewed through some of the cable feeding power to the fan coil unit. The installers had used two single phase cables to get enough conductors. So I re-did the cable properly and it was all good Thanks.

install monkey
01-05-2014, 06:01 PM
my first post should have said- is there any animals in it! haha