PDA

View Full Version : Compressor station

Renato RR
23-03-2006, 04:39 PM
I have visit one compressor station.One compressor 5 evaporators.No unloaders on compressor (Dorin 1000CS on R22).

When all EMV are opened:

Tsuc=-25 C
Tcon=35 C
Superheat on suction line=25 C
Subcoling 15 C

1 evaporator for fish and one for frozen meet (no pressur regulating valves).1 evaporator for chees (vith pressure regulator),1 for prepared food (vith pressure regulator),1 for vegetables (vith pressure regulator).

All conected to one condenser.Work without problem 10 years.I can understand how can be that true.

Renato

US Iceman
23-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Just goes to prove that if enough compressor and condenser capacity are provided the system can work.

Although, this is not the way I would have preferred to do the project. :(

NoNickName
23-03-2006, 07:05 PM
It amazes me, considered what crap Dorin are.

Andy
23-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Hi:)
sizing, if the compressor is a little under sized it will alway run:) If the room never cutout you don't need to unload:D

It can be done, different temperature ranges, different cooler design TD's, with the higher temp room installed with the say 6td and the lower temp rooms the 10 td;)

In Theory the energy consumption would be high, but in actual fact it might not be as high as you would think, over sized plants are just as hard as this on energy.

The secret is a plant with the capacity to match every load thrown at it, one that will adapt to the actual conditions on that particular day, everyday.

Inverter drive trim compressor and smart room controls that vary the suction set point to suit the load at each particular instant.:)

Danfoss ADAPKool is a good example of this.

Floating suction and condensing are the way to go;)
the best way for the product/process and for energy consumption;)

We have our own system called Power Save System, but this is simply a name to bring attention to best practice, electronic controls and optomisers:)

Kind Regards. Andy:)

BIGBALDITO
12-04-2006, 07:30 PM
I have visit one compressor station.One compressor 5 evaporators.No unloaders on compressor (Dorin 1000CS on R22).

When all EMV are opened:

Tsuc=-25 C
Tcon=35 C
Superheat on suction line=25 C
Subcoling 15 C

1 evaporator for fish and one for frozen meet (no pressur regulating valves).1 evaporator for chees (vith pressure regulator),1 for prepared food (vith pressure regulator),1 for vegetables (vith pressure regulator).

All conected to one condenser.Work without problem 10 years.I can understand how can be that true.

Renato

Renato, I have a 20 ton Trane plant which is used by 11 walk-ins with 17 evaporator. System was designed in 1954 and is still running like a champ today.

Unfortunatly parts for Trane BT20 are becoming rare and we might have to change them out. I doubt what ever we change them out with will last as long as these have.

Still have not decide what to change them out with. Looking into McQuay vfd chillers.

Anyone have any good change out ideas for replacing Trane BT20. I would apreciate your guys help thanx.

Peter_1
12-04-2006, 10:13 PM
So Dorin is then not that bad at all.
As with many installs, it all depends who installed everything.
Even a Bizter can become a very bad compressor if it's bad installed.