PDA

View Full Version : where are you?

guapo
22-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Just wondering why in my country very few people are interested in refrigeration, I used to work in mcquay, grasso, york & sabroe, coca-cola and I did not met any person that I can say he is very good in refrigeration. I also talk to some mechanical engineer and the same thing not too much idea about refrigeration, and some of them are PROFESSIONAL MECHANICAL ENGINEER.

My first job is in coca-cola and my first machine is J&E Hall HS2035 900hp motor, I resigned to coke after 8years and in 1998 I join to refrigeration company hopping I will meet people who is expert in refrigeration, but until now NO BODY. It is sad I can not find a good refrigeration man in my country.

Now I decided to apply work in refrigeration company in europe hopping I will work to the professional people there.

regards to all.

Lc_shi
23-03-2006, 01:48 AM
I'm in China.I worked in bus AC for 5 years and then divert to other field and return 3 years before. My teachers are experts but I'm a green hand. I'm interested in HVACR very much when i become older-:)
Now I decided to apply work in refrigeration company in America hoping I will work to the professional people there:D

rgds
LC

US Iceman
23-03-2006, 04:03 AM
It is sad I can not find a good refrigeration man in my country.

They are hard to find in any country. There are some very good ones within the RE forum membership.

Sometimes the hard part with refrigeration is that you can get a lot of bad information. My advice; learn the basics very well. Read the manufacturers literature. Try to understand what they are describing.

The basic fundamentals do not change by country or language.

This has to be the only business where you have to know a lot about many different subjects.

CT2
26-03-2006, 07:10 AM
My first job is in coca-cola and my first machine is J&E Hall HS2035 900hp motor

If you dont mind me asking, What in the world did you have a 900 hp motor connected to? The ammonia system?

I work at seven up . we have 8 compressors that go from 45 hp to 125 hp, but 900 hp , thats a big motor

guapo
26-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Hi CT2,
Your right, it is connected to ammonia system, 900hp 4160 VAC, Vacuum contactor. The physical size of the motor is 3'W X 5'L X 3'H it is square like a table and the winding inside is aluminum plate, its like a jet plane when started, it drive HS2035 J&E Hallscrew compressor.

I have a training materials for bottling plant, from syrup mixing, refrigeration, filler, bottle washer, Paletizer, case packer, uncaser up to water treatment and waste water.

Regards
eric

CT2
26-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Thats one big motor, now that I think about it I do recall seeing one that big in a paper mill once

I am glad I found this site. The other site I belong to has some very knowlegable people that post but they do not have an industrial section only commercial

I work on swing shift with another guy that I found knows nothing about the refrigeration at our plant. we had a case one night where the product temp rose to 58 degrees F, he had no idea where to begin to look for the problem. As it turned out, Sanitation started the CIP on the can filler as the two liter line was operating, when the sanitation process started the program shut down the chillers on both lines
I got through that one alright , but it is nice to have a place to ask questions and learn all that I can

It is good to know that you are familiar with the same type of equipment that I am working with also. I may pick your brain from time to time.

guapo
26-03-2006, 06:15 PM
CT2, No problem you can email me *** DELETED FOR YOUR SAFETY *** I will help you as long as I can.

I am preparing some literature for you regarding cooling system for bottling plant.

What is you nationality?

WebRam
26-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Be carefull puting your email out there for public display.

PM each other to exchange email addresses

guapo
27-03-2006, 03:05 AM
Be carefull puting your email out there for public display.

PM each other to exchange email addresses
Ok webram, thank you.

mccoolair@yahoo
27-03-2006, 03:12 AM
Just wondering why in my country very few people are interested in refrigeration, I used to work in mcquay, grasso, york & sabroe, coca-cola and I did not met any person that I can say he is very good in refrigeration. I also talk to some mechanical engineer and the same thing not too much idea about refrigeration, and some of them are PROFESSIONAL MECHANICAL ENGINEER.

My first job is in coca-cola and my first machine is J&E Hall HS2035 900hp motor, I resigned to coke after 8years and in 1998 I join to refrigeration company hopping I will meet people who is expert in refrigeration, but until now NO BODY. It is sad I can not find a good refrigeration man in my country.

Now I decided to apply work in refrigeration company in europe hopping I will work to the professional people there.

regards to all.
The best ways to link-up with qualified refrigeration technicians/engineers is through websites such as this, through manufacturer's service reps, training seminars, trade shows, and at the local supplier's or cafe or donut shop:)

CT2
27-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Guapo,
thank you for taking the time to put together that info for me . I am in the USA ...in california (please dont hold that against me )

I will now go to my profile and post my e-mail addy for you, again I thank you

CT2
27-03-2006, 10:46 AM
I ment to tell yo that we have a
45 valve Crown can filler with an angelus seamer
a 60 valve cown filler for 2 ltr
a 60 valve bottle filler for 10 oz bottles
and a 45 valve filler for 20 oz bottles
ok here is a question that maybee you would know the answer to

On the Crown filler for the 2ltr line, the bottles enter the filler and as it rotates the bottles are lifted up to the fill valve
on the bottom of the fill valve there are vent tubes that go inside the bottle as it is being filled to relieve the trapped air /gas that is in the bottle

each time we change from 2 ltr to 1 liter bottles we change the vent tubes.
we use 1 set for the 2ltr bottles and another set for 1 ltr bottles
after measuring both sets of tubes with a micrometer I only found a difference of .080 inches in length between the two different sets of tubes.
I have been told that the vent tubes regulate the amount being filled in the bottle but I dont think that is correct, do you know what the pourpose of those tubes are ?

Bob45
01-04-2006, 01:46 AM
Hi CT2,

Not by experience but just by logic, these tubes probably have an airflow switch in it, and when the bottle is full no air can go through so switch goes off.

Just an idea

Bob:rolleyes: