PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Asda supermarket VW Crafter van with Hubbard 360AEL twin unit...problems!

Cidermaker
17-03-2014, 06:56 PM
Hi there,

I have purchased a used VW Crafter from 2009. It is an ex-Asda supermarket delivery van with a twin freezer/fridge compartment. There is a special version of the Hubbard 360A installed with two Eliwell controllers, the EC901 and the ID974.

The exterior Hubbard unit powers the freezer compartment blower. There are small vents with fans to circulate the cold air into the neighbouring fridge compartment.

When I turn on the ignition the exterior unit powers up and the digital displays light up.
When I turn on the motor the freezer blower is working but then cuts out without taking the temperature down to the -18 set point.

Next to the steering is a small black box with a little red light on it, I am not sure whether this is linked to the Hubbard not working!

Just wondering whether anyone has experience with this type of vehicle or fridge unit?

Cheers

Cidermaker

Cidermaker
17-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Also to add.

The little light underneath the words OUT is flashing. According to Eliwell this means that Relay 1 is delayed but I am unsure of what this means!