PDA

View Full Version : Audit 12 kW

Peter_1
16-03-2014, 12:09 PM
The EU insists that a regular audit on >12 kW airco's has to be done. As far a I understood, this audit is already performed in the UK. How is this going practically? Do you have to measure temperatures, pressures? How do you evaluate a VRV/VRF system where all working parmeters are always changing? How to evaluate an invertermachine? What paperwork needs to be done?
I'm a member of the Belgium working group on this issue and we don't need to invent the wheel again.

install monkey
16-03-2014, 12:48 PM
peter, it all Boll***s- they have to be registered to become an assessor- 1 or 2 day course, usually they have very little experience with splits, vrf etc
they inspect 10% of the systems- take photo's of the evap coils, inspect the controls to see setpoint of the system and if their controlled by a timeclock- then they send a report- money for old rope- this should have been done years ago, but as usual not many customers want to pay £500 for a 2 hr visit- I know lots of sites who haven't had this done, no penalties, no one appears to be checking- maybe the f gas police are too busy eating doughnuts! haha;)

Brian_UK
16-03-2014, 10:03 PM
As Install says, it is just another tax that no one is checking on.

Just money for more pointless data.

The sooner the EU Commission get a real job life will begin to be wort living again.

(OK Rant over)