PDA

View Full Version : New Sabroe (Frick) Screws

Andy
18-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Hi:)

Just thought you would like to see what Sabroe are doing with their screw range:)http://www.sabroe.com/Products/Screw%20compressors/New%20SAB%20screws/index.html

Kind Regards. Andy:)

latent heat
18-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Well they look different than the frick rwbII 60 series I run (the suction valve positioned the way it is) but from what I read it sounds nice but cant say I ever had any experience with Sabore. at our plant we have 2 booster (or first stage) compressors. And 5 that are either just intermediate our swing meaning they can draw suction pressure from either the low side accumulator (at low pressure) or the intercooler at intermediate pressure.

Lazarus
18-03-2006, 11:31 PM
#*$& + &^*##

SteveDixey
19-03-2006, 04:05 PM
#*$& + &^*##

Now, now, Dave. Calm down! It's bad for your blood pressure ;)

Steve

Lazarus
19-03-2006, 10:53 PM
LOL thanks Steve

nh3wizard
16-05-2006, 09:00 PM
I thought Sabroe would be going out of business due to Johnson controls purchase

Josip
16-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Hi,

it is very strange but starting from coming August we can get offer only for Frick compressors (SAB 193-355) (assuming we are asking quotation for screw compressor).
I got this info and maybe is not true !?

I don't know, if we ask exact for Sabroe type (SAB 110-202) or Stal type (SAB 80) screw, will the price be to high in comparison with Frick :rolleyes:

I believe the quality of Sabroe or Frick is the same (all are equipped with Unisab II), but what about spare parts if you already have installed 4-5 Sabroe (for example SAB 163) and now you must buy another type :confused:

Best regards,

Josip :)

Andy
16-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Hi Josip:)

I would advise changing to Grasso, at least for the interim until things settle:)
www.grasso.nl

The KAB screws they bought in the early 90,s are really very good, strong and well built:)

Josip
17-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Hi, Andy :)

It is not up to me, becuse I am not buying compressors.;)

I'm just thinking about my clients having compressors and maybe need additional one, two or more and asking me what to do. Let's say they are satisfied with old Sabroe compressors and they want the same type but new one. What to tell them?

I know that Grasso is very good (installed 10 pcs in Costarica) but then you have 2 or more types and so many different spare parts :confused:

Best regards,

Andy
17-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Hi, Andy :)

I know that Grasso is very good (installed 10 pcs in Costarica) but then you have 2 or more types and so many different spare parts :confused:

But if you buy a new Sabroe you have in fact a bought a different compressor type anyway:(

maybe the shut off valve are the same and the unisab and instrumentation, but it is a Frick and a Frick setup that has not been proven:eek:

404cab
15-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Hi, about the sabroe, the sabroe factory from Aarhus in Denmark is slowly going out of business because of JCI but it will still be possible to purchase parts and new compressors for Stal and Sabroe compressors.

On the new units, there will not be any Stal or Sabroe compressor but Frick instead, this is american design, if you have a long experience of the Stal Units, you will not like them for sure..

Josip
16-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Hi, 404cab :)

On the new units, there will not be any Stal or Sabroe compressor but Frick instead, this is american design, if you have a long experience of the Stal Units, you will not like them for sure..

Can you, please, explain this little more;)

Best regards, Josip :)

SteveDixey
16-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Sabroe were bought by Johnson Controls and they have "rationalised their product range" by removing certain Sabroe, Gram and other machine brands \ compressor types off the market, leaving their "own" brand which probably is built more cheaply and sold more expensively to generate more profit.

It is just one of those exercises in reducing market choice by buying out and shutting down your competitors, and hopefully being able to raise your profits by cornering the market in certain or all markets. You know, the typical capitalist game played out in all markets :rolleyes:

Johnson seem to underestimate the Sabroe brand in terms of it's perceived quality. Whether Sabroe customers will buy "badged" Frick machines or not remains to be seen.

Steve

Lazarus
17-11-2006, 02:15 AM
Alas poor Sabroe
I knew them rather well!!!!!

SteveDixey
17-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Hi Dave

You've been quiet just recently. How's Spain? (Apart from warmer).

Not been tempted back yet?

Steve

404cab
22-11-2006, 07:11 PM
For the Sabroe compressors, the ex-Stal compressors and the Sabroe compressor will be out of production, as we said earlier, but it is not the case of the VMY compressors, because even if they were sold as Sabroe comp, they are built by Aerzen in germany.

For Josip, I think that Stal had a very strong design, what I mean is that you can see that they were thinking about how to make it simple to overhaul. And even on the housing, you can find treads to make sure you can put the special tools on and so on.
Frick design looks older, XJF comp TDSH comp are quiet old design, Stal had design new compressors, the F19, S 20 series and S 80 series that will now disappear.

I think it is a way to keep a lot of jobs, leave the tthings difficult to do, that is good for us..

NH3LVR
22-11-2006, 08:11 PM
I mostly work on FES Machines which have used, over the years, Dunham Bush, Mycom, and Coby screws. I have done control work and maintenance on Fricks as well as operated them. They are not bad machines at all.
Factory support here in the US is exceptional. As long as you have all the information you need they need when you call, they are very helpful. I usually refer to them as "The Fine Folks at Frick".(Don't call and say "Uh, I got a compressor with your name on it, it won't run, what do I do?)
Fricks on this side of the Pond are distributed by "Frick Factors". These are usually your competitor. No one likes giving their competitors the name and address of their customers. But that is their business model, and their business.
Their newer Quantum Panels are very capable, but are a bit more time consuming to set up than most. They run Linux as an operating system. I recently did a software upgrade on two of their machines. They sent me out a Flash Card and instructions and the Electrical Engineer gave me his Cell Phone number in case I had any trouble. Support like that is hard to beat.
But most of this probably does not apply to your situation in the UK. You have your own types of electrical controls, and the support organization will be different.
What meant to say when I started was that no one likes to jump into something foreign to them.
On the rare occasion when I have to work on a Sabroe or Stal I leave the shop knowing I do not know which button to press to do what. It does not make one feel very professional to arrive at a job site and know less about the controls than the operator.
Please rest assured that Frick builds quality machines which you will soon become accustomed to.

petrock
14-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Hey Josipe,, Where's Costarica,? I'm from Metkovich originaly...

Josip
18-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Hi, Petrock :),

Hey Josipe,, Where's Costarica,? I'm from Metkovich originaly...

Welcome to RE forums....you must be jocking about Costarica;), very nice country with nice people....eh..
I'm from Zagreb, born and live here, but traveling around the world from time to time to make my daily bread....as industrial supervisor refrigeration engineer... like my job and travels...not visit Australia so far..but nobody know what tomorrow brings...

Best regards, Josip :)

Bart Nabbe
24-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Hello Guys,

here just a post to let everybody know that SABROE is still allive.
And you can still visit the sabroe.com site to check it out.
The fricks are more for the american market, in europe it is still sabroe.
The newest screw (but already a year old is the SABCUBE. and the controller is already at UNISAB III.

Any questions, just ask.

kelvin_27_84
07-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi all...
Just wanna tell you guys that back in Singapore (a small country if you guys don't know of) uses both Sabroe and Frick. FYI, nowadays Sabroe is using Frick screw blocks for the SAB. And if any of you guys are buying, Frick is kind of fast. Sabroe is slow, due to production demand increase.

Sabore is kind of nicer in terms of outlook and more refine. Frick is still the same old design with the BIG chunky oil separator in the middle.

Freezerman
17-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm Currently working on a Stal 57 series, can anyone help me with finding a manual, i have one but it is very basic ?
Cheers

Bart Nabbe
21-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Hello freezer, i'll pm you.