PDA

View Full Version : r22 what cost

foxeywls
28-02-2014, 07:34 PM
i have today had a chat with my refrigerant supplyer as the end of the year will soon come around i asked for an all up cost for the disposal of r22 the reply came back £10.66 per kg this includes destrution and enviroment charge this does not include cylinder charge or transporting im intrested what are you paying?

Brian_UK
28-02-2014, 08:11 PM
And who is your refrigerant supplier?

hyperion
28-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Still getting paid £2.00/kg for sending R22 away for reprocessing. Although I am sure that will stop soon, probably the day before the next returns are delivered.

al
01-03-2014, 04:03 PM
about 10euro a kilo here, supply own bottles

markonah
02-03-2014, 12:06 PM
try to check the price at Amazon
What is this expensive?
http://www.amazon.com/R22-Refrigerant-30-Disposable-Tank/dp/B00F06NDS0
http://watchfree.me/32/w.png

foxeywls
02-03-2014, 06:33 PM
i think you have the wrong idea r22 phase out in uk is the end of this year the price quoted is for getting rid of r22 not buying it

al
02-03-2014, 07:19 PM
amazing what you find on amazon!!

hyperion
03-03-2014, 08:42 AM
I have heard that although the UK R22R market will soon be extinct, there are plenty of other markets not too far away who are looking to buy as much R22R as possible as they are not affected by the ban.
In fact reprocessing and production of R22R is possibly going to be stepped up for these other market places.
So get those systems emptied and try to bring in a little cash.

Rob White
03-03-2014, 09:23 AM
i think you have the wrong idea r22 phase out in uk is the end of this year the price quoted is for getting rid of r22 not buying it

Are you a service provider or the customer?

If you are a customer, you must expect to pay for the removal of the refrigerant.
If you are a contractor, there are still payments made for R22, but it won't last for
long because as you know, we only have till the end of this year.

Rob

frank
03-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Are you a service provider or the customer?

If you are a customer, you must expect to pay for the removal of the refrigerant.
If you are a contractor, there are still payments made for R22, but it won't last for
long because as you know, we only have till the end of this year.

Rob

Is this true though Rob. It will not be illegal for the owner of the equipment to continue using his kit which contains R22 after 1st January 2015, but it will be illegal for us to service it if it means dealing with the gas.

I wonder how that leaves us with handling the gas when the equipment does fail and it has to be recovered post 1/1/15?

https://www.epa.ie/air/airenforcement/ozone/r22andhaloncriticalusephase-out/

Rob White
03-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Is this true though Rob. It will not be illegal for the owner of the equipment to continue using his kit which contains R22 after 1st January 2015, but it will be illegal for us to service it if it means dealing with the gas.

I wonder how that leaves us with handling the gas when the equipment does fail and it has to be recovered post 1/1/15?

https://www.epa.ie/air/airenforcement/ozone/r22andhaloncriticalusephase-out/

Apologies :o

Bad wording on my part.

Any existing system in good working order can be left as long as there
are no issues with the system, in the event of a leak or other fault that
causes the engineer to have to remove refrigerant, then the R22 must
be replaced with an alternative..

I think the wording is

"the use of all HCFCs in the or servicing of existing refrigeration, air conditioning
and heat pump equipment will be prohibited (after 1st Jan 2015)"

It goes on to state

"it is recommended that operators have a plan in place in the event that
the equipment breaks down, where no maintenance or servicing will be
allowed involving the use of R22". (after 1st Jan 2015)

Regards

Rob

foxeywls
03-03-2014, 07:22 PM
hi i am a contractor this is a quoted price from ids climalife via a parts wholesaler and im told a distruction certificate will be issued but would be happy to sell at £2 per kilo but if i am to be charged to ged rid then the customer will have to not only pay for removal and replacement ie mo59 but also for the destruction of r22

Rob White
03-03-2014, 09:41 PM
hi i am a contractor this is a quoted price from ids climalife via a parts wholesaler and im told a distruction certificate will be issued but would be happy to sell at £2 per kilo but if i am to be charged to ged rid then the customer will have to not only pay for removal and replacement ie mo59 but also for the destruction of r22

Phone around the wholesalers, I'm sure there are some
that still offer a fee for the 22.

Regards

Rob

hyperion
04-03-2014, 09:31 AM
H*P usually only pay you if the recovered R22 is in 53kg cylinder, with a minimum quantity of 30kgs. Phone your local branch to see if the deal is still available.
Some of the other wholesalers may not pay you for the gas, but also might not charge you for the reprocessing. Not all of the gas is destroyed, it does depend on the potential contaminants.

kefah
11-03-2014, 07:20 PM
here the price of 30 ibs of R22 is between 35 to 100 dollar
and the disposal is free
bcoz there is no one ask u to dispose it safely
so we dispose it to Air!!!!!!

foxeywls
11-03-2014, 07:29 PM
???? stop the world i want to get off

Rob White
12-03-2014, 11:48 AM
???? stop the world i want to get off

Can't........................ :p

Love it or loath it your here for the duration. :cool:

Rob

Rob White
12-05-2014, 03:27 PM
it's too costly.

Makes no difference because in Europe it will be gone soon.

And it's not as though we did not know, this dates back
to the late 80's early 90's. 25 years notice is a fair enough
period of time, no one can say they did not know.

Rob

hookster
12-05-2014, 09:57 PM
This made me laugh :p

http://www.coolingpost.com/world-news/chinese-selling-r12-as-r134a/

hyperion
13-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Lucky it was only R12. Could have been anything under pressure!
I new that there would be a market if I still had those containers of R12. Got rid of it far too soon!:D

nike123
13-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Anybody noticed this:

With R12 being immiscible with the POE oil and incompatible with the seals used in R134a systems leaks and potential damage to the compressor are inevitable.

I taught this is a case:
POE oil is miscible with R12.
Seals used in R134A systems are perfectly OK with R12.

coolflow
25-09-2014, 09:42 PM
This is going to be real fun here on the costa del sol, have yet to find a supplier to take it back, and as 90% of the units here are on 22, I can see a lot going in to fresh air. And also lots are holiday homes and rentals, so when they see a bill to replace the gas ,I can then trying anything to get round it.