PDA

View Full Version : Daikin vrv2

Theboy
25-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Need help pls got a reyq16 master and a 14 slave problem is unit seems to get stuck in defrost think its a 4 way valve problem but not a 100% sure reason it only seems to happen of a Monday morning works fine all week system is controlled ny a I touch any suggestions wud be great.

install monkey
25-02-2014, 08:01 PM
u sure it isnt struggling to get to setpoint as its been off all weekend- programme an earlier start on monday morning, any vams onsite- start them up only when staff occupy building

Theboy
25-02-2014, 08:17 PM
Forgot to mention it has a fabric setting of 18c over weekend cos building is really poorly insulated I have it timed to come on at 4 on the Monday at 25c but it just dosent come on when I arrive on site both condensors are working but all the hot gas goes straight into the condenser coil. I turn both units off turn back on works great all week have checked schedules in I touch everything is set up correctly just a bit at a loss.

install monkey
25-02-2014, 08:25 PM
seems strange its only on a monday- u need daikin service checker on it, leave it connected over the weekend to see whats happening

Theboy
25-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Ye tried saying that to the boss but won't pay the money thanks for your surgestions I changed the master pcb board today am hoping it's a software problem fingers crossed. I changed the pcb after reading similar problems worth a shot had a spare board.

install monkey
25-02-2014, 09:24 PM
had a tosh super multi- had issues with weak solonoid coils- when its in that mode on monday morning- stick a coil lifter on it- then unplug the coil off the pcb- once stuck a screw driver in a coil as its meant to prevent the coil from burning out- but i nearly burnt down a petrol station- coil melted, insulation on screwdriver melted too

Theboy
25-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Help need pls have got a reyq16m master and a 14 slave its controllered by a I touch controller problem is building is poorly insulated so units have a fabric setting to run over weekend at 18c. Monday it starts up at 4 at 25c for staff when they come in but it dosent seem to kick in and when I arrive on site both condensors are running but all the hot gas goes straight into the condensor coil. If I reset the units they work all week no problem but Monday morning same thing happens. Have checked I touch it is all set up correctly. Had a problem with a 4 way valve a few weeks ago but managed to free it. Am at a bit of a loss now and really need a bit of advice as u can imagine its driving me mad.

The Viking
25-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Everything is normal then, the hot gas should always go to the condenser coil...

OK, I assume you meant the outdoor coil so,
When you arrive and the hot gas goes to the outdoor coil, is the 4way valve's coil energised or not?

:cool:

Theboy
25-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Sorry it's in heating mode so hot gas should be going to fan coils main 4 way valve is energised but sub 4 way isn't?

NewmanRef
25-02-2014, 10:04 PM
any external BMS connected to your I touch? That will hold the system out on Monday morning regardless of your I touch settings. Might be holding the system off over the weekend as well. Unplug it on Friday afternoon and see what happens.

Brian_UK
25-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Two threads merged.

Theboy
25-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Thanks for reply defo no external bms might try unplugging I touch don't seem to be getting any closer to solving the problem

NewmanRef
25-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Hmmm, seems odd that your I touch is programmed to come on 4 on Monday morning but doesn't. Any external connection at all? Fire alarm relays that could be dropping power on a weekly test? Had a similar problem in the past when a clever **** spark had wired the indoor units power through a contactor on a time clock.