PDA

View Full Version : Hotpoint FF187E fridge compartment not cooling

Zorgan
20-02-2014, 07:49 PM
I'm trying to troubleshoot my Hotpoint FF187E

Fridge Compartment not cooling but freezer is fine

I've removed the back cover which shows a motorised duct with a plastic flap, this part seems to be closing when I open the fridge and opening when I close by the looks of it.

The light on the fridge is working

The alarm still goes off when the door is left open for a while.

hope somebody can help please.

frank
20-02-2014, 07:59 PM
The light on the fridge is working

Always makes me smile :)

With a single compressor, the fridge temperature will be controlled by a stat operating a 'vent' from the freezer. If the freezer is down to temperature but the fridge section is warm then I would look at the transfer vent/flap/fan between the 2 sections initially.

Usually, a 48 hour defrost clears the problem, but..... it could be something else

Zorgan
20-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Okay looks like we will have to do this then, 48hrs it is I will report back in a couple of days,

haha yes the light is still on!! at least I can see the food with my eyes for the "midnight snack with the mouly off smelly food" :D

oh one other thing, the vent I put my hand up to this, does not seem to be any air coming out, the sound does change though when it closes, not sure what is going on, I`ll defrost for 48 hours then try.

frank
20-02-2014, 08:13 PM
make sure you keep the doors slightly open while it is defrosting

roger the chill
21-02-2014, 08:43 PM
The quickest way to defrost is to remove freezer back panel and fan panel and defrost coil with hair dryer
If you look on web for manual there is a fault diagnosis section this done pressing fast freeze button
I have done this my self but are unable to locate manual i downloaded

tonto33
02-03-2014, 01:43 PM
http://airkooldomestics.co.uk/resources/ff200.pdf