PDA

View Full Version : SLX compressor belt idler tensioner

gravy258
17-02-2014, 08:30 AM
has anyone got a fix for these yet ?
I've tried drilling a grease nipple in (from new) but they still eventually seize up.

Thats along with all the 6304 bearings the things chew thru.
And the crappy Ikea door hinges that keep shutting on you.

charlie patt
17-02-2014, 06:42 PM
in uk i use wyco <they are a bearing manufactuer> that make a double roller bearing which last forever useually i use genuine kit but there bearings are better

cadwaladr
17-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Sure they have changed the bearing,check with tk as for the doors weight saving?

gravy258
18-02-2014, 06:44 AM
they have changed the idler tensioner arm on the SLXE's but we've got plenty of SLX's with the old arm. As its a complete different set up and belt. Are TK changing them over under warranty over there ?

The new SLXE's have there dramas. they put grease in the top belt idler tensioner at factory, which then binds up by the first service, taking the 6304 bearings with it.

I hate fridges making bearing noise.

cadwaladr
18-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Not sure about the warranty,it's the old story I guess depends who you are! But ask them because there is an issue seen posts about them before and from your country drop a dime on them if you don't ask you won't receive as they say.

Kuhltek
20-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Mr gravy
Come around to your friendly,helpful local TK dealer and we can see what we can do for you
There is some extra coverage on these tensioner assy's based on the date in service and current engine hours
If we get knocked back on coverage i have a whole pile of these that i give away to guys and they repair/rebuild themselves to be used as changeover....not 100% sure but i think there is a new style tensioner to replace the style you have
I am sure we can help you guys out in someway
Brett