PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help?

ebo
15-03-2006, 08:28 PM
i got called to a qualitair 2 pipe a/c unit, the condenser was big block of ice.Defrosted.... found unit to be down on gas on 1 system. found leak and repaired. gassed up ran ok. second unit heats when set to ( in a fashion ) but when put on cooling mode it wont. the operation light just flashes. is this a fault code????? the units a qualitair... Indoor model: QWM14 Outdoor Model: QWM 1414RC thanks, ebo

frank
15-03-2006, 08:58 PM
i got called to a qualitair 2 pipe a/c unit
Hi EBO

Ever been called to a 3 pipe Qualitair :D :D

Just kidding :)

jteixiera
15-03-2006, 11:37 PM
if the thermostat is fine then that means the swiching relay on the pcb board might be faulty or stuck in the heat mode but u really have to check it properly on site when ure there take the pcb board out and physically check for burn marks

aeb200
16-03-2006, 07:34 PM
It may be outside air temp. Some splits like sharp will not run in an ambient lower than 16oC (in cooling) if head pressure control option isn't fitted. Otherwise check pcb relays etc.

CCLPaul
16-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Big possibilty that the reversing valve is not throwing accross, seen that a lot, flashing light could be that the electronics are looking for specific sensor temperatures after certain times, but not seeing them, so faulting out. Check if there is a feed to the valve coil in 1 mode and not the other. I know it sounds a little crude, but sometimes a light tap with the handle of a screwdriver will encourage the valve slide to move.

ebo
18-03-2006, 06:07 PM
thanks all