View Full Version : what kind of refrigerant instead of r404a

03-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Hi there

First of all this forum is fantastic!!!
Second, this is my first post please do not be angry if I'm writing in the wrong "section"

i've got a problem with my refrigerator " norpe Saga-135-M-SS" that uses the R404a refrigerant. last week the refrigerator had a leak, the engineer has fixed the leak and recharged the refrigerant gas but i think that wasn't the r404a, in fact the fridge doesn't work well.

what kind of refrigerant could be use instead of the r404a?

03-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Get in touch with the technician/company and ask then which gas was used. Ask to see the records that should detail the refill.

06-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Thanks Brian for the reply

I sent an email to Norpe and i tried to call but they didin't answer but i took a photo of my compressor11144

I assume that i could use r407c or r507 instead of r404a, am i wrong?

06-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Yes, the different refrigerants are for different uses, your unit should use R404A

07-02-2014, 12:34 AM
So i could use only R404a?
another question.... i read that the r22a is a replacement for r404a, so i could use this?

10-02-2014, 02:33 PM
hi vbrman , to answer your last message no YOU cannot unless you are registered to do so:off topic: = sedgy

monkey spanners
10-02-2014, 04:20 PM
R22a is not a refrigerant designation, R22a is in fact R290, which you may be more familiar with as propane....

Is not just the compressor, but also the capillary tube, evaporator and condenser, not to mention the type of lubricating oil that need to be compatible with the type of refrigerant used. In the case of flammable refrigerants such as R290, other measures to limit the chance of explosion or fire need to be taken at the design stage.

So, in short, No you can't put R22a in it, and it certainly won't cure the poor performance issue which sounds like the original problem.

10-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Thanks for help :)