PDA

View Full Version : Gauge readings

johnyaircon
02-02-2014, 10:00 PM
Hi all......I have recently switched from install to service could somebody please tell me roughly what my readings should be for each refrigerant eg r410 7bar. Thank you!

monkey spanners
02-02-2014, 10:32 PM
There isn't a correct pressure for a particular refrigerant, rather the pressure would correspond with the evaporating and condensing temperatures the system is running at.
These temperatures would be dependent on the load, cleanliness of the coils and filter, air flow (or water in case of a chiller), refrigerant charge level, and ambient temperatures.

You will in time get an idea what range of pressures you would expect a particular system to be running at based on experience. In the mean time study a pressure temperature chart and see how the two are linked.

Magoo
02-02-2014, 11:05 PM
Hi
sounds like you have been dropped in the deep end by your boss. No short answer to your question, you should be working with a service tech.. and develop a full understanding of refrigeration systems.

Josip
03-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Hi, johnyaircon :)

Welcome to RE forums ...

Hi all......I have recently switched from install to service could somebody please tell me roughly what my readings should be for each refrigerant eg r410 7bar. Thank you!

Someone push you into trouble water ....but don't worry ... you are a young man and eager to learn .... the best suggestion is to search RE forums and read interesting posts ... there are plenty of them ....

for beginning you can start here ... http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?19701-Refrigeration-101

Hope this will be of some help to you ... of course we are always here for help ;)

Best regards, Josip :)