PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu ASYG12LECA problem

trucic
28-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Hi,
I`m new on forum and at first wish to say hello! ;)
Have been here a while, just reading.
But now I have problem with my AC from title, Fujitsu ASYG12LECA.
For a while AC worked fine. Problem came with cold weather and high humidity.
Randomly(not exactly, after 2 times in 24h according manual) AC stops and LED lights on indoor unit brings following sequence:
Operation LED: 10 times flash
Timer LED: 1 flash
Economy LED: Continuous Flash
For what I have found, in instruction manual, error code list says that it is problem with: `Discharge Temp. Error`.
Have you got any ideas is problem serious and what can be done? Thanks in advance
p.s. added some solving algorithm for this defect found on web.

install monkey
28-01-2014, 08:03 PM
check the coils are clean , indoor and outdoor- compressed air line is best, also clean filters and indoor setpoint isnt set above 24 heat
also the discharge sensor might be cooked- going out of range, unplug it and test resistance at different temperatures ie in your freezer,at room temp- sensors are cheap to replace

trucic
28-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Than you for fast response. Hope it will solve problem, this situation is really frustrating. LED blinks happened two times today - 4 time unusual temp. error detected today, according manual error list...

Tayters
28-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Discharge temperature error code can come up if unit is short of charge or undersized.
Not that common that it is the probe itself.

Cheers,
Andy.

trucic
28-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Thanks. It is very cold in here right now, hope I will have chance to check all of that possibilities soon... is there extreme danger for AC in this situation? Haven`t told before - when problem occurs, LED indicates sequence, nothing happens on AC... after AC unplug, hold it unplugged >10 sec , then plug it again - everything is OK, like nothing happened!

nike123
29-01-2014, 08:21 PM
It is short of refrigerant! Probably leak at flared joints. Call service technician to recover refrigerant, to find leak and fix it, make leak test, evacuate and charge refrigerant again by weight indicated on unit.

Check Fanzo (http://fanzo.org/forum/index.php) page for good technicians (http://www.fanzo.org/serviseri/) and help in your language.

is there extreme danger for AC in this situation?

Regarding further working under these conditions, If a motor of compressor is overheating, and that is the case there by error code, windings of motor will deteriorate rapidly. In fact, a motor can lose half of its life for every 9°C rise over its maximum-rated temperature because of insulation failure.

trucic
30-01-2014, 05:00 AM
Thank you . Will check that page with hope to find solution asap.

Pipemonkey
30-01-2014, 08:13 PM
This unit is not short of gas I've had the same problem before.
In cold conditions the condenser fan doesn't run. Fast enough as it relies on the ambient. However this is a crap idea.
So what I have done is move the sensor on the back of the coil and put it on the inside of the coil to make the condensing fan run faster.

Worked a dream for me done it many of times.

Brian_UK
30-01-2014, 08:48 PM
This unit is not short of gas I've had the same problem before.
In cold conditions the condenser fan doesn't run. Fast enough as it relies on the ambient. However this is a crap idea.
So what I have done is move the sensor on the back of the coil and put it on the inside of the coil to make the condensing fan run faster.

Worked a dream for me done it many of times.Don't quite see how this relates to the problem raised which is about a system in heating mode. :confused:

A high speed condenser fan will overload the system.

Pipemonkey
30-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Don't quite see how this relates to the problem raised which is about a system in heating mode. :confused:

A high speed condenser fan will overload the system.

Sorry my mistake. I thought it was in cooling mode.

trucic
31-01-2014, 11:21 AM
At first, thanks to all for your answers!
Believe or not, second day in a row I haven`t got error in system! But I`m sure that problem haven`t been solved by it self. It is very cold in here, around -13 degree Celsius (~8.6 degree Fahrenheit). I`m not sure that any technician will take care of my AC in this conditions. Have contacted my dealer, he was very cooperative and will help in problem solving.
Is it just coincidence that system haven`t registered previous faults or low temperatures have just lowered temperature inside system?

RusBuka
31-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Discharge temperature depends on the mass flow of *****, and the boiling temperature in the evaporator. Your air conditioner is not adapted to work at such temperatures. No liquid injection and bypass gas.

p.s. -31 C today)

trucic
31-01-2014, 11:38 AM
It is adapted, as I know. Faults happened at much lower temps, arround 0. Last year no problems with even -15C.

RusBuka
31-01-2014, 12:25 PM
http://www.scribd.com/doc/180745344/Service-Manual-Asyg12leca
I dont see.
Just standart inverter AC

trucic
31-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Is it possible to clean condenser easy for eliminate that part of potential problem? Can be problem on heating with corked condenser?

Brian_UK
31-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Bear in mind that in heating mode your condenser is now the indoor coil.

nike123
01-02-2014, 07:02 AM
Is it possible to clean condenser easy for eliminate that part of potential problem? Can be problem on heating with corked condenser?

Your indoor unit is condenser now, in heating operation.
Discharge sensor is placed in outdoor unit at exit of compressor. If it is refrigerant shortage or restriction, than suction superheat is high, and therefore discharge superheat is high. In cool weather, compressor goes to high number of revolutions, and if refrigerant is missing, than high suction superheat is happening.
This unit should run without any problem even at -15°C.

Sparkletron
02-02-2014, 06:54 AM
I'd say it's low on gas mate. Get a fridgie's opinion and clean the coil, reclaim, weigh, check all flares, etc, evacuate, pressure test, leak test and charge.

trucic
02-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Thank you, guys! I`m really grateful on your advices. Now, at -10*C, AC have lot of frost on outdoor unit(suppose it is normal ?!). I`ll tell technicians about your opinions of low gas first. Hoping for better outdoor weather conditions next days. One thing I noticed - AC is not changing FAN speed when I change it manually and keeps at almost constant speed blowing air indoor and current is almost constant (have measured with budget power meter controller, around 5-6Amps).

install monkey
02-02-2014, 11:27 AM
in heating mode the indoor fan will only speed up if the indoor coil temp is around 30deg

trucic
02-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Thanks. Definitely need technician for problem I got with my AC.

trucic
02-02-2014, 01:30 PM
As I can hear, AC is not changing compressor speed even it is -4*C at the moment. Power consumption is high, almost constant, around 1.3kWh(5-6 Amps). Have called technician - he will come tomorrow. Is first what can I suggest him gas leakage?

trucic
03-02-2014, 06:26 AM
Is this procedure good starting point?

nike123
03-02-2014, 07:03 AM
Gas leakage is most likely cause of your problem and 1st precondition for AC to work correctly. Knowing how installations are done at our countries, without proper leak testing at commissioning, cheap flaring tools, lack of piping skills of one proper refrigeration technician, I am sure 99% that you have refrigerant leak. I am also sure that even after fixing it, your unit will not be properly tested with holding nitrogen charge for 24 hours. It is how things are done there (and here where I live). Market (price of installation job) has formed that! You cannot expect proper installation job for 50-100€.

Only correct way for checking refrigerant charge at your unit is by recovering refrigerant and weighing recovered amount and comparing result with AC nameplate. After that, technician will immediately know if the problem is malfunctioning unit or refrigerant charge. By my service standards, that is starting point, at least for inverter driven air conditioning unit.

Also, your description of malfunction has eliminated some steps in that chart.

trucic
03-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Thank you very much. Will have that in mind and will suggest that to technician today. Hope that all will be OK, will keep inform you all with further news.

trucic
04-02-2014, 07:02 AM
Finally... technician yesterday have finished his job, with some suggestions - given from this forum! And those worked - have measured pressures and final conclusion is to add some gas! AC works like new, for now! Have forgot how easy and efficient it was - have raised temperature in room very fast and with minimum of power consumption! Outdoor temp. -5*C. I wish to thank you all, Tayters and nike123 for gas leakage suggestion. We haven't found what was the reason of gas leakage, will look further with better outdoor conditions. Hope it will be OK. Thanks again, will keep inform you. Best regards