PDA

View Full Version : Most efficient water temperatures for Daikin EKHBRD016ACV1 heat pump?

tkalfaoglu
28-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Last month I had an amazingly high electricity bill after two months of using the heat pump.
I wondered what the most efficient temperature range is for this high temp heat pump system..
Maybe I had it set to too high.

I'd hate to get a such bill again :(

Many thanks, -turgut

hyperion
28-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Afternoon turqut,

From the model number I believe that you have installed a Daikin Altherma HT air source heat pump.

What temperature do you have the domestic hot water set at? Do you find the domestic hot water, hot enough or possibly too hot?

What temperature do you have the space or central heating water set at?

is the house at a comfortable temperature?

Are you using the Daikin Altherma to supply heating via radiators or under floor heating?

Are you using the system in weather compensation mode?

If you can come back with some figures we may be able to help you.

tkalfaoglu
28-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Helo, thank you very much for your wonderful message.

I have the domestic water set to 50 degrees. I try to keep at the lowest comfortable setting. Just enough for showers and dishes.
I have radiators, the house is made of concrete, Apart from beams, gas cement blocks are used.
All windows have insulated shutters. About 150 square meters of space to be heated.

Prior to the large electricity bill, I had the system on weather compensation.
Right now I am trying manually. I have the radiator water set for 45 degrees. I usually manually vary it from 42 to 52 degrees. The weather compensation measurements were a bit warmer; 50 to 60 degrees usually.

Many thanks, -turgut

tkalfaoglu
28-01-2014, 05:30 PM
PS: I try to set the house around 20-22 degrees.

hyperion
29-01-2014, 07:48 AM
Morning Turgut,
There are ways of adjusting the range of the water temperature in conjunction with the outside ambient. The system may still be set in its default settings. If you access the commissioning menu, you should be able to make some adjustments, just be careful what you adjust and make a full note of the settings before and after any adjustments, then if you need to you can reset them.

goma0241
29-01-2014, 10:24 AM
اعزائي صباح الخير لدي مشكلة في جهاز تبريديوجد لدي اعطال وهي ارقام203 و11 و12 امحيها ولكن ترجع للضهور مرة تانيةافيدوني وشكرا لكم علما ان الجهازsb210

tkalfaoglu
29-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Morning Turgut,
There are ways of adjusting the range of the water temperature in conjunction with the outside ambient. The system may still be set in its default settings. If you access the commissioning menu, you should be able to make some adjustments, just be careful what you adjust and make a full note of the settings before and after any adjustments, then if you need to you can reset them.

Many thanks - yes I'm daily in that menu. I tweak settings hoping to improve things.
My point was, for example, is it better to set the water temperature at 40-45 degrees and have it run almost continously, or set it to 50 degrees so it stops once in a while. I just don't know the efficiency curve of the heat pump.

hyperion
29-01-2014, 03:37 PM
You may find that by changing the parameters for the water temperature range in the weather compensation for the space heating, that you reach a suitable point that will allow the unit to function automatically and achieve its optimum performance level.
The lower the water temperature the more cost effective and efficient the system will be.
If you PM me with some of the main parameter figures including local ambient temperature etc, I will see if I can identify any adjustments that could be made to help.

tkalfaoglu
01-02-2014, 04:44 PM
Unfortunately the board says that I'm not allowed to PM with my account.
I'm not sure which parameters you require, but the outside temperature is 8C right now. Goes up to 15C during the day, and falls down to 5C maybe towards morning.
Many thanks, -turgut

Magoo
02-02-2014, 12:22 AM
Hi, the concrete structure will be acting as a heat sink, once stabilized the heating load requirement will reduce. Try monitoring interior wall temperatures to gauge variations.

frank
02-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Unfortunately the board says that I'm not allowed to PM with my account.
I'm not sure which parameters you require, but the outside temperature is 8C right now. Goes up to 15C during the day, and falls down to 5C maybe towards morning.
Many thanks, -turgut
PM will be available to you after you have made 15 posts.

styrman
10-02-2014, 10:57 AM
How many kWh did your HT used? Understand that outside temp is around 0* at night...

I use my HT in a 150m2 concrete house as well. ( insulated with 5-10cm styrofoam by previous owner ).
Only high temp radiators in the house
Domestic hot water is set to 55*C once a day and reheating to 45*C as needed when it drops to 35*C
Heating is outside temp dependant. Currently set to 40*C at +15*C outside and 60*C at -15*C.
January has been cold with temperatures down to -19*C.
Our HT used 1183kWh during January, for heating and DHW.
In your "mild" climate it should be way less.... so what was your consumption, and of curiousity, how much do you pay for 1kWh in total.

Regards

:)

tkalfaoglu
11-02-2014, 07:06 AM
Hi there. I heat about 150m2 of this house as well. For example, the radiators in the basement and the guest rooms are turned off. However, alas, no extra insulation. I'm glad you can get away with -15c to 60c. My HT used 2300kWh two months ago, but this month I managed to bring it to 1200kWh - mainly by tweaking the settings to your settings, and also bundling up and reducing the heating from 23-24 degrees to 20-21 :(

For that 2300kWh I paid 750TL, about 206 pounds UK, or US $339.
It hurt :)

I also noticed that I should not have the house resume heating full blast early in the morning -- that's when the outside is the coldest and it's hardest to extract any heat from outside.

styrman
23-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Hi

1200kWh... so far for February?
Well, for us 60* at -15* works fine... and that's enough even @ -20*.

No... you shouldn't let the house "cool" down and resume heating at full blast in the morning.
Obviously the HT will use least kWh when not working... :D but try to find a setting for your house when it works longer periods ( maybe even 24/7 at coldest days).
That means, say you set 22* desired temp ( where do you have the controller located? )
Adjust the settings temp at High outside temp say 15*C and at -15*C or the lowest you normally have for your area. Set the temperature out no higher than HT will just keep 22*C or 21.8* ( @ 22.5*C in the house will stop the HT )

You will have a constant heating ( more comfort ) . HT will work with less effort and just "maintain" the tempin the house, without the need to bring it up in the mornings . No peaks... just keeping it steady.

Do you have any temp data for your location... average temp in winter? How many winter month ...
Try out different settings, write down ( log ) the kWh consumption....

Write down what temp outside, what temp HT delivers to the radiators... and kWh used... say average for 4 or 6h...
Good luck