PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi FDUA140VF install

Sparkletron
28-01-2014, 07:36 AM
Hey everyone.
As some if you already know, I'm a pretty new ac installer. I've done loads if back to back wall splits, and the like and am quite conpetant with those.
A good friend of mine has asked me to install a ducted split in a Reno he's doing.
While I have no doubt that I can wire the unit, plumb it and make it Kosha in that regard, I have little experience with ducted, zoned splits.
Is there really much more to it that meets the eye?

I'm all about self teaching myself new things and Im fairly confident, but would like to hear from more experienced members here about what to expect.
Is there much programming, etc to get it working?

Thanks in advance

Nicholasdjones
28-01-2014, 10:06 AM
A ducted spilt works exactly the same as any other spiit, is it just a single split? Are you doing the duct work to the split aswell?

Slim R410a
28-01-2014, 02:57 PM
If you doing the whole job yourself just make sure you get someone to design the ductwork layout for you - a drawing with all the sizes on and a list of ductwork, insulation, fittings etc.

Make sure the return air filter is housed so that it can be removed for cleaning. I think here in the UK the UM-FL3EF filter kit is an optional extra so make sure this is ordered unless you are providing a separate filter.

As above, the refrigeration side is just the same as a wall unit if anything easier as you will have more space for pipework in the loft void.

Sparkletron
29-01-2014, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I have no problems sorting the pipe work and electrical. I'm legit ( enough ) for that side of things, ha ha.
I will be doing the entire install.
New duct, new grills, the lot.

Surely there is some design samples by mitsubishi floating around?

Basically, it'll be 3 zones, 11 grilles. in a 170 square meter house.

exotiic
31-01-2014, 08:18 AM
There is no such thing as a design sample that would be adequate for your situation. Each room should have a heat load calc performed with a required capacity and air volume. From those results you work backwards to design your duct runs and sizes.

Sparkletron
01-02-2014, 07:56 AM
Thanks for your input, do you have any good online heat load calculators to recommend?

If anyone is familiar with doing the calcs, etc to come up with duct sizing etc, I would be most appreciative for any help you can give me.