PDA

View Full Version : HELP! AQV09UWAN option code? Is that what I need? stumped...

airconplzwork
21-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Hello...

So a guy came around to clean 2 identical samsung airconditioners.
He turned them off from the outside while they were still operating.
One of them is working fine, but the other one turn on properly.

The outdoor unit shows no signs of life (no fan spinning, or anything!).
When the aircon is turned on, the indoor fan spins, the Power LED does not light up, then after about a minute it turns off automatically, beeps 4 times, and the timer and energy saver led's flash continuously, with the power led remaining off.

Is this an option code thing? I've read that when the power is cut, option codes can be erased? The model is AQV09UWAN. I tried looking in the manual but it's very useless.

Please help :( . I tried entering in some other option codes I found of similar models but they didn't work, but then again I'm not sure if I'm entering these in correctly. I got the remote into the option code mode, and then entered the first 2 digits, then pressed mode, and then again entered the next 2, and mode, again and mode and blah until all the codes were in, then tried pressing the power button but nothing. am I doing something wrong? does the dash "-" indicate changing the section from 'on' to 'off' on the option code remote or do I ignore when that changes on the remote. One other guide said that after I have the code in the remote I just need to press the power button multiple times and that will enter the codes in. I just don't know :\

It's the middle of summer in australia that's all. I would be ridiculously grateful if someone could help me with this please, the manual is useless.

airefresco
23-01-2014, 01:10 PM
From what I have done with Samsung systems, this is a problem on the outdoor unit. I don't know this exact model, but normally if it is the option code then all 3 will blink as soon as the air conditioning is switch on. The fan won't spin or anything. There should be 3 more LEDs on the outdoor unit which will give you the exact error. Usually there is a table on the inside electrical cover which gives all the error codes. I would check that the outdoor has been switched back on first, then check the error code from the outdoor LEDs (if there are any).