PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Split Not Cooling Properly ???

AC noob
21-01-2014, 05:59 AM
Hey guys,

I've just come back from a service call where the customers Panasonic (CU-E24JKR) (410a) split wasn't cooling properly. The unit is roughly 3 years old. The customer said it hasn't really been working that great since day one.

The temperature coming from the head unit did have some cooling effect but very little. Checked filters, all good. No dust on top of head unit.

Went to the outdoor, compressor was running, outdoor fan running. Whacked the gauges on and got a reading on the suction of 1050kpa (150psi) which I think is around 10 degrees celcius.

Outdoor coil was clear. It was a very hot day but they have another Panasonic split right next to it and that was running perfectly.

My consensus was that the unit had contaminated lines and was pumping non-condensables. Unfortunately I couldn't get my gauge onto the liquid line.

What are your thoughts?

bigor_2
21-01-2014, 10:00 AM
The unit is roughly 3 years old. The customer said it hasn't really been working that great since day one.
aged wine:)
to be serious.
if heat exchangers i.u. and o.u. is clean then to recharge refrigerant.

AC noob
22-01-2014, 07:38 AM
Pulled the gas from the unit out, pressure tested, pulled a vacuum and then put new gas in. And whala! She runs like a dream!