PDA

View Full Version : R32 static ofn pressure test

Sparkletron
17-01-2014, 12:17 PM
What pressure should I test at?

Thanks in advance

FreezerGeezer
17-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Iirc, for air-air stuff in the UK it's 1.5xmax operating pressure.
Otherwise, check your manufacturer's data. CHW evap's are normally only tested to 12-14 Bar at the factory, so keep well under that. Preferably check the data plate, eh.

Why are you pressurextesting a R32 system? Have you read & understood the MSDS fir R32? There's lots of horror rumours around, some PR bollocks too. Make sure you're happy with working on it, before you make a mistake.

Sparkletron
18-01-2014, 07:37 AM
Thanks mate, I ended up finding a pt chart that would load on the iPhone, so all is well.
The units I was testing were brand new installs, I'd just piped them up last night and was ready for commissioning today.
It seems r32 runs a bit higher pressure than r410a, which have been the bulk if systems sold in Australia for the last few years anyway.
The pt chart I used reckoned it would be around 3600kpa at about 60 degrees c. It's not often it's over 40 degrees here, so we should be sweet!

Yes r32 is rumored to be like ****en sarin gas mixed with napalm, but if you follow correct handling procedures, I can't see the issue