View Full Version : EPA in the UK?

16-01-2014, 08:51 PM

Does anyone know where in the UK the EPA test can be Done?



16-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Do you mean the city and guilds f gas 2079 course?

16-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Hi Chilli,

No. I mean the US version: the EPA Certification of Competence. Pts I, I I and I I I.


17-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Are you planning to work or move over there? I wouldn't have thought that it would be much good over here, probably covers the same ground as the ones thisside of the pond.

l know in Canada you have to have your existing qualifications assessed by the Provincial educational institues before they let you challenge the IP Red Seal exam for your chosen trade licence. Maybe if you click on a few links to guide you where to go to sit the exam.

l have heard that there are places in th UK for pre training for Australian trade licences, so that when you land you can sit the licence exam and work there.

19-01-2014, 02:35 AM
EPA means very little here as well but if you are working on resi systems under 5 ton you only need a provincial ODP course (ozone depletion cert). At least in Ontario, this is true.

20-01-2014, 09:27 PM
So tell me Mike, is there a general Red Seal licence for fridgies, or is it still a local Provincial licence that isn't Inter Provincial?

21-01-2014, 02:25 AM
The Red Seal dudes keep sending me testing courses for sparks but none for fridgies. I haven't paid too much attention to them but I will ask around, if you are still curious by the time I get an answer, LOL.