PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV 3 Help

Steven_AC
12-01-2014, 10:39 AM
I have a problem with a daikin VRV 3 two pipe system which i'm struggling with. On arrival i found the controllers in a U3 fault which i suspect was caused by the onsite general maintinance engineer trying to get it to run and not completeing test run.

So test run was completed by myself. Test was completed with H3P led solid on condenser and no faults on indoor unit controllers. When trying to run the system normally just by the controllers the system will only run the condenser fan and not and bring the compressor on. No fault codes are displayed on indoor controllers

While in test run the system seemed to perform ok possibly slightly short of refrigerant but not enough to cause a problem.

The System is connected to a BMS Computer, not one that i'm familiar with only used the I-touch beforehand.

Any suggestions would be much appreicated as i'm back there on Monday 13th Jan

install monkey
12-01-2014, 10:50 AM
unplug the bms- what make of bms is it- had a satchwell bms hooked up to a vrv2 and if someone altered a temperature,mode on a brc controller- 2 mins later the satchwell would pulse a signal to revert it to its satchwell programmed setpoint.

install monkey
12-01-2014, 11:00 AM
bs4- on outdoor is helddown to perform wiring check,then vrv3 have auto charge too, if theres more than 1 controller then you need to designate a master controller for mode change

Steven_AC
12-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Thanks, i was thinking to try disconnecting the BMS tomorrow just thought it was strange the condenser fan would come on. Not sure on the BMS make will look tomorrow.

Located the master controller. There are 7 indoors which the outdoor can see all of. On 6 controllers.

Steven_AC
13-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Found LP transducer reading 20bar when actual was 8Bar. Fingers crossed this is the only problem!

rasper
14-01-2014, 01:46 PM
How long has the system being running?

Steven_AC
14-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Been in since 2011, Not been running for a few days now?

rasper
15-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Had a similar problem before. If it's not the lp transducer.
Check that the interconnecting cable is clear of all other communication cables up the riser.
its a long shot but it worked for me where some company had cable tied there broadband cables to the pipes and interconnecting cable. Didn't find the problem for ages constantly getting different error codes.