PDA

View Full Version : Carrier viento woes

s.taylor
12-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Hi guys new poster but I been using your forum
For info for a while now! :)

I'm in the realms of transport ref. We recently had a ford transit
With a carrier viento 250 it had been sat for a long time and
The cond. coil had rotted out so replaced it along with the drier .gave the system
A 24hr evacuation recharged her with 800g of r134a (as per the data plate) and
Reaplaced 20ml of oil as precaution. Set for 3c it pulls down like a dream but after an hour it gives The low and high pressure alarms A01 and A02. On the gauges I can see the suction pulling into a vacuum. I recovered and checked the orifice. Gave her a blow through with OFN and the same with the gauze on the jet. So evacuated again and recharged and same problem.... Sorry it's long winded but hope u can point us in a good direction. I can't stress enough that it's fine for an hour and then it pulls into a vacuum the system cuts in and out as it should. Cheers all :)

vehikool
12-01-2014, 02:43 PM
Hi Carrier Viento,s suffer with LP switch faults Carrier have modified the switch, did you change the receiver drier? also did you use a Torr/ Micron gauge to ensure you pulled a proper Vacuum? also check the plate make sure it is 134a system not a 404a gas system
hope this helps

cadwaladr
12-01-2014, 07:50 PM
put a liquid line drier in the evaporator section,an 083 plus a hand shutoff valve before it and your troubles will be over,lots of room in the evaporator section,works for me.

charlie patt
12-01-2014, 07:50 PM
as above says torr gauge it make sure u link out lp switch during vacing and energiseing unit or use mag valve lifters if its been open to air for some time change oil in comp change tev leave it hp tested for 24 hrs then tripple vac it we have learned if u dont it will be back in a month..... that will cure a/p one code a/p2 well cure no one first and fight other one after

Edvin
12-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Check the superheat! Usually when we mounted new Vientos with R134a the preset superheat from the factory was to high. Usually txv needed little less then a turn out to lower the superheat(8C at 0C in the box). If the unit was not regulated after mounting You should do it now!