PDA

View Full Version : Daikin u2 fault

Kev The Tool
09-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Hi Guys,
hope you can help with this one, daikin ducted split RZP145DV1, arrived on site and found a U2 fault on the controller, cover off the O/U diagnostic LED Green flashing and 2nd red on, ( main capacitor fault) called daikin told the guy i was getting 2186uf from a 2200uf capacitor, he said that reading was fine and i needed to change the main PCB and both fan motors,
Day 2, changed pcb and fan motors switched on, got U2 fault and led saying main capacitor fault again, phoned daikin got a different guy said capacitor needs changing,
Day 3, changed Capacitor, switched on, got U2 fault and led saying main capacitor fault, the inverter board started smoking,
Day 4, changed inverter board and checked capacitor it was reading 2203uf, disconnected the compressor and switched the power on, showing a Main capacitor fault at the led's again. connected the compressor back up and disconnected the diagnostic led board and the indoor controller showed a U4 fault, transmission between indoor and outdoor unit, i have changed the main pcb the 2 fan motors, the inverter board and the cap. i have no clue what to try but obviously the customer thinks i'm a right clown and i could be struggling to get paid for the parts, not including labour, if anyone has come across this before i would value your input. thanks in advance.

Kev

RusBuka
09-01-2014, 11:26 AM
�� Power supply insufficient
�� Instantaneous power failure
�� Open phase
�� Defect of inverter PC board
�� Defect of outdoor control PC board
�� Main circuit wiring defect
�� Faulty compressor
�� Faulty fan motor
�� Faulty connection of signal cable