PDA

View Full Version : Wonder Gas From Halfords(bicycle And Car Spares Shop)

jockfrost
10-03-2006, 08:07 PM
On a visit to Halfords i came across an amazing find, a 1kilo bottle of R134A that has an oil charge in the bottle and best of all something wonderful that claims to seal all the leaks in your car A/C system.EUREKAAAAAAAAAAKAAAKAAKA

I WONDER DO THEY 10/25/50 KILOGRAM BOTTLES

The cost of 1 kilo is 40 pounds,cheap at half the price.
:eek: :D

chillin out
11-03-2006, 12:01 AM
Do they extend the range to R404 and R408..???

I have a few systems that are like sieves.

Chillin:) :)

phil68
11-03-2006, 12:47 AM
Yep, seen it, surprised it hasn't been banned for consumption by 'Joe public' yet on health & safety grounds:eek: :mad: . Wonder what the magic sealing ingredient is -Radweld probably, you'd be better off cracking an egg into the system :D

Argus
11-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Yep, seen it, surprised it hasn't been banned for consumption by 'Joe public' yet on health & safety grounds:eek: :mad: . Wonder what the magic sealing ingredient is -Radweld probably, you'd be better off cracking an egg into the system :D

Surprisingly, in the UK, it is illegal to sell Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS) such as CFCs (banned now anyway) and HCFCs in non-refillable containers. But it is not yet illegal to sell HFCs in non-refills.

The new F gas regulations expected later this year will apply this rule to HFCs as well.
Additionally it will prohibit the sales of HFCs to individuals and companies without the recognised handling qualifications.

The formulation that seals leaks may be incompatible with materials and oils in fixed systems, so personally I would treat it with caution.

________
marijuana (http://marijuanahemp.com)

Karl Hofmann
12-03-2006, 09:01 AM
The sealing agent in the Halfords crap causes the o rings to swell and hense plug gaps in the seals due to corrosion at the joints, there are sealers on the market that solidify on contact with moisture and also sets in compressors, driers etc...Its all snake oil. This is part of the reason why I have pulled out of automotive ac, though if someone wants a proper job doing, I never say no