PDA

View Full Version : Inverter r410a discharge sound short gass circuit

LChaminés
30-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Hi all, today I installed a mitsubishi MSZ-FH25VE (9000 btu's) and after I turned it on heating mode (cold mode was only used for a brief period so I don't know if it would happen the same), it started making "discharge sounds", like it was ajusting the r410a every 3 minutes or so, the gass circuit is short (1 meter and half 3/8 + 1 meter and half 1/4) so I don't know if its too much gass (factory charge said up to 7 meters).
Also it was a rain day, althought we didn't let the tubes get water and we did a nice vacuum, it might have something too do with the sound, maybe?
I also thought that maybe there's a "crease" in a tube, but it was ark so I'll check it tomorrow.
Any one has any thoughts on this, thanks for any help in advance.

bigor_2
31-12-2013, 06:48 AM
Сommissioning of the equipment prefer to perform in the cooling mode and then turn to the heating.
"Discharge sounds"every 3 minutes it is no good. Check the pipes on the subject of kinks.

install monkey
31-12-2013, 08:30 AM
factory charge of 7 mtr and youve got a 1.5mtr run- when u say nice vacuum- no torr gauge,did u pressure test with oxygen free nitrogen to 40bar
the cracking you might be hearing is just pipes,coils contracting/expanding- run it in heating mode the indoor fan will start when indoor coil gets to 30deg
end of the day its under warranty-give it some stick:eek:

mikeref
31-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Hey Monkey, you forgot to say "minimum 3 Metre run."

install monkey
31-12-2013, 09:03 AM
mike ive done loads of installs with even 300mm pipework- never adjusted the minimum charge to compensate- never had any problems- mike its nearly time to fall off the ladders taking ur chrimbo lights down:p
Hey Monkey, you forgot to say "minimum 3 Metre run."

mikeref
31-12-2013, 09:41 AM
My bad then. Just thought someone mentioned a minimum pipe run for split a/c's.

Aaand Xmas lights are on for the last time tonight. Might consider taking em down in the next few months or so. :)

install monkey
31-12-2013, 09:53 AM
manufactureres recommend a minimum 1.5mtr - but how may installers read the installation guide;) come to think about it how many installers look at the piccys telling you not to let kids poke sticks at the cond fan?? haha- no wonder your neighbours gaff hasnt sold! haha

LChaminés
31-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Thanks for all the replies, sry monkey I guess I didn't do a nice vacuum...
So, I went there this morning to check for creases as it. Was working on cool mode, found nothing, after some 15 minutes or so I turned on the heating mode and it worked flawlessly for 45 minutes or so then I left
I was thinking that maybe it was the 3way valve that didn't work properly yesterday but I don't know, today it started heating faster, like 1 or 2 minutes, so for know it seems it self fixed if that's even possible going to wait some time to give a final answer
anyone has some thoughts on this, thanks again for all the help

r.bartlett
31-12-2013, 02:29 PM
self fixing air conditioner - might as well pack up now lads...

nike123
01-01-2014, 10:52 AM
I would say 4-way valve has been (and could happen again) origin of noise.

Sparkletron
05-01-2014, 03:06 AM
I'd be a bit concerned that it was raining and you didn't properly evacuate it, from the sounds of it any way.
Don't be to concerned about the noise, some units seem to do that after being installed, I guess it's just the gas working its way around the joint.

Hopefully you swept the system for leaks any way. I hope it works for ya.