PDA

View Full Version : Can some one send me a Daikin Technical manual or link to it?

Apples
30-12-2013, 07:43 AM
I am after the technical manual, not the standard manuals.

My system I think is called a "Super Inverter Ducted FDYP125DL"

I think SkyAir is part of the system name, I have the suspended cassette up in the attic with ducts.

Outdoor unit: RZP125DV1
Indoor unit: FDYP125DLV1

install monkey
30-12-2013, 08:01 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/view/9k7npv00i77y7ss/R08019037636_FD(Y)MP-DXV_FD(Y)P-DXY_2FD(Y)P-DXY_2FG(Y)P-EXY_3FGYP-EXY_4FG(Y)P-EXY_IM_EN_tcm219-275742.pdf

http://www.mediafire.com/view/dyxn3qibb1tx53v/Sie25-11_tcm219-42764.pdf
2 links - closest daikin uk have to your reference

install monkey
30-12-2013, 08:52 AM
page 194,195 of the service manual for your ua error - maybe the controller has been set for a twin unit or dipswitches on indoor/outdoor pcb-
has this unit been working ok and now failed

Apples
30-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Well it has had a troubled life. Its about 10 years old now. Had no gas in there at one stage. Might be a problem with the 4 way valve stepper motor or servo motor was sticking last time a tech looked at it. Was not going from hot to cold.

I am getting a humidity meter seen to check indoor humidity as it seems very sticky inside. Have slowly been sealing up leaks in return and supply ducts etc. Cut out about 5 meters of flex duct in 250mm size and about 2-3 meters in 400mm size so far.

install monkey
30-12-2013, 10:41 AM
so no replaced pcbs replaced and the fault has occured

Apples
01-01-2014, 01:05 AM
Gee, I don't think that a PCB was replaced, not too sure hey, can't remember...maybe

But on another note. Where the return air box is screwed to the box that the evaporator is in, there is a big air gap where the two join. The gap might be 1, 2 or 3mm wide across the whole width of that joint, which I think is 1152mm.

That works out to be the same as having a square cut hole in the side of the return air plenum as: Same surface area etc
1mm air gap = 33.94 x 33.94mm hole
2mm air gap = 48.00 x 48.00mm hole
3mm air gap = 58.78 x 58.78mm hole

I wonder how many cfm, L/per sec or min would get sucked in through that sized hole. And worse still, that will be hot humid attic air getting sucked in.

And the evaporator coil looks dirty. Only dusty dirty so I don't think it is that bad.

Are you supposed to be able to see through the evaporator coil? It was very hard for me to get my head down to the same level plane to eye ball it. But I don't think that I can see through it.

Now after reviewing some video footage that I also took. I think that it is blocked more than what I was originally thinking.

11031 Those are some pretty small air gaps that are meant to be there. This is a zoomed in picture showing that there is dust blocking those small fins.

When I first saw it I was thinking, yeah it's a bit dusty but no too bad. Like in that first picture. But now close up, I think it is worse.

I see you can get specific evaporator coil cleaner that foams and is self rinsing. I don't have a clue where to buy some from over here in Australia, I guess I will have to phone around. In the mean time, is there any reason why I can clean it with the vacuum cleaner and then the air gun from the air compressor?

Also on the supply side of the evaporator, I only looked down it through about 2-3 meters of flex duct I could see that the coil looked different. Is it fair to say that one side of the coil could be made different to the other side of the coil? Or as I have two coils that are standing up in a A frame, maybe the first one's fins are like that in the above photos and the other fins on the second coil are different?

Apples
03-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Your post is called SPAM buddy

frank
03-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Apples

The foaming coil cleaner won't work on your coil as the chemical in it relies on a reaction with the aluminium fins, and yours will have a factory applied coating stopping that reaction. The best you can do is gently vacuum the coil using your domestic vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment, then blow it through with an air compressor line if you have one. Finally, give it a wash with a low pressure washer using a soap solution or one of the domestic household kitchen cleaners such as 'Flash' kitchen cleaner if you have that product over there in Aus

Make sure the duct joint is sealed with duck tape or similar.

I've seen coils in much worse state than yours.