PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to replicate indoor unit coms signal (mitsubishi or daikin)

skags
28-12-2013, 04:38 AM
Basically wanting to know how the units are communicating and if it is possible to build your own control system, I suspect it is using some sort of pulse signal unsure of how much data is actually being transmitted and how I suspect it will have to tell the system what mode (heat cool etc) demand from setpoint maybe coil thermistors for valve control etc , reason being i want to make some smaller hot-water heat pumps , I have done this before but need indoor unit boards plus fan motor plus a few other things to "trick" the system into going , wondering if it would be possible to replicate the signal of the indoor or develop my own type of control system , in the past have only used mainly mitsubishi electric 3 kw units for heating spa's etc with good results keen to experiment with anything . thanks

install monkey
28-12-2013, 09:03 AM
just buy the interface kit, pac399 for the mitsi elec, daikin do an app if you have the interface to work it off your moby
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/daikin-skyfi/id707952017?mt=8
any mauling with the pcb's will invalidate warranty and we all know how manufacturers like to find a way of dodging warranty claims

skags
29-12-2013, 02:02 AM
just buy the interface kit, pac399 for the mitsi elec, daikin do an app if you have the interface to work it off your moby
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/daikin-skyfi/id707952017?mt=8
any mauling with the pcb's will invalidate warranty and we all know how manufacturers like to find a way of dodging warranty claims

thanks for reply! , do you not still need indoor boards for these expansion controllers ? I dont have any info for them, warranty is not an issue as im pretty sure extending the chassis and mounting plate heat exchangers will void that :)
at the moment I just run indoor pcbs and also the fan motor (or else will fault) return air thermistor just in the box and power to unit controlled buy external thermostat for the temperature control, would like to develop some other way of controlling it just to get better efficiency as currently there isnt really much in the way of inverter control as it is always trying to achieve a false return air temperature and is not actually regulating on actual water temp. (spa set to 40 deg) was thinking of just adding a resistor to the return air temp thermistor (dropping it 10 deg or so) and fitting it to the side of the inlet water pipes to the heat exchanger but was curious if there would be another way to send the commands to the outdoor without the need of vulnerable indoor boards ,

install monkey
30-12-2013, 10:56 AM
any interface- just req unplugging of the reciever pcb
just found this - melcloud for mitubishi elec

MikeHolm
01-01-2014, 04:35 PM
IM, what is it you have just found?

nike123
01-01-2014, 06:04 PM
If you are here in EU I will be ofering you one of these for good price:

http://www.i-acs.co.uk/store/index.php/controllers/parametric-controllers/c/mch2000000-1.html

skags
02-01-2014, 03:57 AM
If you are here in EU I will be ofering you one of these for good price:

http://www.i-acs.co.uk/store/index.php/controllers/parametric-controllers/c/mch2000000-1.html
this is sort of what I am after but need an inverter driver for the compressor also ? , really need something to control the factory valves on the heat pump but this has got me thinking thanks

bigor_2
02-01-2014, 02:19 PM
​skags
why do not you want to use ready-made solution type? for example: air to water heat pump.

skags
03-01-2014, 03:26 AM
​skags
why do not you want to use ready-made solution type? for example: air to water heat pump.
Just experimenting with inverter type units,everything on the market here seem to be fixed speed , also I have the resources and trade contacts to acquire cost efficient aircon units ,
heat exchangers , controllers etc to experiment with , I have already build air to water heat pumps from fixed speed and one from inverter with good results , I would just like to somehow control the system without the need of the indoor pcb :)