PDA

View Full Version : Thermo King V400 MSR-10

HelpCoolIt
26-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Hi Guys,
A little late but Merry Christmas and a little early but Happy New Year.

Im hoping someone can help me with some technical info for the above unit.
Service manual would be great but I specifically need the wiring diagram.

Any help would be appreciated.

Its blowing fuse three and the diagram TRS recommended seems to be wrong.
Compressor runs, evap fans run, condenser fans run but after approx 30 seconds after being started fuse three blows.
I'm going out now to disconnect the liquid injection solenoid to see if that's the cause but if that doesn't work im stuck.

Thanks
Dean

wilt
27-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Hi Dean,Sorry i can,t help you with a diagram,but i was wondering what has led you to think it might be the liquid injection sol,as you said the compressor only runs as do the condensor/evap fans for 30 seconds before the fuse blows?Liquid injection only comes into play if the discharge temp rises above klixon setting making the switch then brining in the liquid injection solenoid,so you might have to look elsewhere for your fault?

Edvin
27-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Whats Your mail?

clivemtk
27-12-2013, 07:30 PM
try unplug evap fan 1

clivemtk
27-12-2013, 07:31 PM
is this unit a v400-dsr

gravy258
27-12-2013, 11:51 PM
try unplug evap fan 1

the fans draw 10amps with a 15a fuse so this is a good start.

I have the v400 DSR max 10/20 pdf if your interested.

HelpCoolIt
29-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Hi Guys,
The Diagram that TRS supplied said evap fan1 but this diagram was not the correct one for this truck.
The below link is the correct diagram.

http://www.thermoking.com/products/pdf_manuals/51857.pdf

Although almost impossible to read I was able to work out that beside relay coils fuse 3 supplies the liquid injection solenoid and the compressor coil. What was throwing me of the trail was the fact that every thing seemed to be working correctly for a 30 second period then the fuse would pop. So with this diagram and a process of elimination I was able to determine that compressor coil is buggered. A new compressor will be ordered today. A coil would be cheaper but being 10 years old the owner has opted to change the compressor.

My email is sales@batemansbaycoolit.com If some one has a better/easier to read diagram then I would appreciate it for future reference.

Thanks
Dean

gravy258
30-12-2013, 06:55 AM
check mail, the one TRS gave you is a V500 install manual, useless.

HelpCoolIt
30-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Thanks Guys,
Those diagrams are exactly what I was looking for.
I will upload them to my Cloud Server so I and the other tradesman here will be able to access them from anywhere.

Thanks
Dean