PDA

View Full Version : What is the part that controls hot/cold in outdoor unit that is driven by a stepper?

Apples
23-12-2013, 06:20 AM
Hi,

A while back we had a person look at our ducted AC. He said there was something (forgot now) that was in the outdoor unit that was sticking.

It was a stepper motor or maybe even a servo, that controlled some vane flap thing. He said that it was sticking more so on the heating side instead of the cooling side.

So I want to find out exactly what that thing is and what it does.

The outdoor unit I have is a Daikin RZP125DV1.

hookster
23-12-2013, 07:47 AM
Hi
It sounds like you may have problems with your VAM unit.

Have a look at the following for operation explanation.http://daikintech.co.uk/01_HRV/Data/VAM.html

Apples
23-12-2013, 08:44 AM
ohh, I don't think that is it. Well I know that all I have in the roof is the coil and blower fans etc. It is model number FDYP125DLV1.

marc5180
23-12-2013, 03:24 PM
ohh, I don't think that is it. Well I know that all I have in the roof is the coil and blower fans etc. It is model number FDYP125DLV1.

4 way reversing valve

NewmanRef
23-12-2013, 06:18 PM
What is the problem you are having with your ducted unit? Why did you call someone out to start with?

Does the fault occur when you are switching between heating and cooling? If so then yeah probably 4 way valve.

Or, is your system not heating and not cooling? If so it sounds like you may be trying to describe the inverter?

Apples
24-12-2013, 03:19 AM
Called them out because no cool air was coming out of the ducting. After he left and had a chat with the wife he said that it was something sticking which would flick an arm or vane etc to change something from hot to cold. But, also he said that he turned off the unit at the circuit breaker and it seemed to reset it to all on cooling. Where before it was half half on heating and cooling.

Apples
02-01-2014, 07:46 AM
I took some video footage of the clicking noise that the unit makes.

You may have to turn your volume up a little bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQV1A5s6Kgk&feature=youtu.be

Apples
03-01-2014, 06:57 AM
Ok, that clicking noise is normal I believe now.

I remember now what that guy said was sticking, the LEV.

How can I check this for proper operation.