PDA

View Full Version : Grasso S2 Screw compressor capacitycontrol Solenoid Block

torque
22-12-2013, 11:41 AM
Hi guys .

I am looking for a little information.
I have a customers site with two Grasso s2 screws on it . I have one that the capacity creeps up whilst the compressor is off.
I am looking at replacing the armatures in the control block.
A friend of mine has told me that they are only Danfoss parts but I can't find the correct part. ( Grasso supplied parts are £1k for a service kit !! ) Yep for 4 armatures....

Does anyone know if they are indeed just Danfoss spares or if they are specials manufactured for Grasso.???

Torque.

josef
22-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Hi Torque,
hard question, you Danfoss coil?

Grizzly
22-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Hi Torque.
The ones I have don't resemble anything like Danfoss.
But then again I have not had to strip the armatures!
So may still be a fair question.
Over the years I have had to often replace Danfoss Solenoid components, But never the ones on a S3!
You get what you pay for I guess!
Just how old are these compressors?
Grizzly

RANGER1
22-12-2013, 08:36 PM
If you suspect solenoid seat I would simply check them first.
Armature tubes have "0" ring seal on the ones I have worked on, unlike Danfoss aluminium ring.

Be careful to release pressure out of load/unload cylinder first, sometimes loosen whole load/unload block assembly off machine to do it.
Order "0" rings for block & armature tubes to avoid disappointment if they don't reseal.
If seats are damaged in block you have to order new block assembly anyway.

You may also have a scored cylinder, so maybe worth checking it to (order "0" rings as well for cover etc).

How many hours does machine have since last major service?

josef
22-12-2013, 08:48 PM
There strainer, check valve ...... and it can.

cricri
25-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Hi Torque
this is the old design of solenoid valve block. you can see that the plunger is fitted with teflon, it's a special design for Grasso. so use original parts...
regards

torque
25-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Thanks for coming back to me guys .
Yes CriCri there the ones I'm talking about.

The only reason I mentioned them possibly been a Danfoss part, was because my friend who is an experienced GEA engineer said thats what they are . Obviously everything I had looked at told me they wasn't, so I thought asking you guys was worth a shot due to the amount of experience / knowledge you have.

I was only suspecting the problem to be the solenoid control block because that was the easy part to change but also an expensive one if it isnt right.

The compressor is a 2005 block with 47000 run hours on it so Is well due its FIRST major overhaul !!!!!!!.
Maybe this is the avenue I should take and just price a full strip down / rebuild.

Anyway . thank you all for your replies.

Hope you all have a very happy Christmas.

RANGER1
25-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Thanks for coming back to me guys .
Yes CriCri there the ones I'm talking about.

The only reason I mentioned them possibly been a Danfoss part, was because my friend who is an experienced GEA engineer said thats what they are . Obviously everything I had looked at told me they wasn't, so I thought asking you guys was worth a shot due to the amount of experience / knowledge you have.

I was only suspecting the problem to be the solenoid control block because that was the easy part to change but also an expensive one if it isnt right.

The compressor is a 2005 block with 47000 run hours on it so Is well due its FIRST major overhaul !!!!!!!.
Maybe this is the avenue I should take and just price a full strip down / rebuild.

Anyway . thank you all for your replies.

Hope you all have a very happy Christmas.

Agree overhaul is best way to go & if client wants to go other way it's hard to guarantee outcome.