PDA

View Full Version : Samsung AQV24UWAN Error

the_scotsman
22-12-2013, 05:44 AM
I have a 3 year old Samsung AQV24UWAN split system.

A few days ago it turned itself off. There were 4 beeps and the Smart Saver light flashes constantly. Turning it back on, it happens almost straight away. If I leave it for half an hour, and turn it back on, it will last a few minutes and shut off again. I've tried the obvious turning off the breaker, but no luck.

I opened the outdoor unit and found 3 diagnostic LEDs. The fault indicates "FAN ERROR". But I pulled the fan apart, and it looks fine. I can't see any evidence of bulging or leaking capacitors or any burning. Fan error could mean many things?

Any ideas? :(

the_scotsman
22-12-2013, 07:45 AM
Also, should have said, the outdoor fan does spin normally. Though I noticed once or twice when I was outside and started the test mode,. the fan didn't spin until I gave it a tap. The fa isn't tight, it's as free as it can be, the bearings are fine. Could this be a capacitor issue?

install monkey
22-12-2013, 08:33 AM
not got a manual for that, if the wiring diagram o the outdoor unit shows a capacitor for the fan then it could just be the capacitor- if you say the fan spins freely- 2 options- either use a multi meter with uf symbol for testing capacitor - (microfarads) or alternatively restart the system and slowly spin the cond fan the correct direction so after the 3 min delay if the fan starts itself going then probaby cap faulty