PDA

View Full Version : Installation of cold room

Josip
09-03-2006, 12:20 AM
Hello,

Please, I need a very fast help:

To install cold room L=8m x W=4,5m x H=3,5m with ceiling, floor is painted concrete

working condition +5C/50C
RH 40-90%
Don't know now which regrigerant we have to use.

No need to say what is this cold room for :) but you can ask ;)

Inside of the cold room will be:

1. false ceiling with openings
2. 3 coolers
3. 4-6 lights
4. 2 steam humidifiers

Outside of the cold room we have:

5. 1 compressor
6. 1 condenser at distance of about 15m

We have to do complete installation of wall panels and ceiling panels, coolers, framed compressor with switch panel, condenser, complete piping and complete wiring -coolers, lights,humidifiers, condenser

Nothing to do about steam and drain;)

Questions are very simple:

How many days, how many people, how much money?

Have no expirience for this kind of job and need your help, ASAP, to make an offer.

Hope, some of you had similar job before with fresh memories:)

Thanks a lot for any help.

afeef
09-03-2006, 07:37 AM
hi sir
from my experiance :
one condensing unit is practical to use ,,,cause if it get faulty the hole cold stor goods will spoil
determine to install 3 condensing units , 2 working ond one stand-by
thickness of isolated panels 10 cm
45 days is enough to achive it
no less than 50000 us.dollar
peoples needed
4 mechanicals and a/c
2 electricians
here some sites to look at
www.standcold.co.uk

www.coldstoragemfg.com

www.dean-wood.com

www.bmil.com

use ferion r22 , it is the cheapest and most efective
thanks and best wishes
afeef

cruzeiros
09-03-2006, 07:50 AM
hmmmm..
from what Josip said...and without tell him what to do (condensing unit in stand by ?!?! and 45 days for what ? for the equipment to come?!?!)...
i think 4 people would do the job in about 4 days. (1,5 day for room installation; 1,5 day for refrigeration part and 1 day for the electrical stuff)
And for the money...manual labour it's your business..
(euro/hour) and the equipments and panels.. it's hard to tell without more info...i think it's around 15.000 euro

hope this helps

Regards,
cruz

arkay
09-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Hi Josip,

From past experience i would also say 4 persons - 1 week for the job. But for that all conditions should be there: site conditions, materials availability, power supply... even climatic conditions!!!
I would suggest two ref units for precaution: In case one fails, you can keep the store closed and let the second run full time. For the cost it would depend on your country, but the proportion could be 40 % for panels, 30 % for the equipment and rest for labour and sundries.

Josip
09-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Hi Josip,

......but the proportion could be 40 % for panels, 30 % for the equipment and rest for labour and sundries.

Hello Arkay,

Thanks for reply, all material will be there, quite Ok working conditions, how much in your opinion will be for hands, for complete job? :) then I can come easy to percentage of each part;)

Thanks,

Renato RR
10-03-2006, 10:25 AM
5 days 2 persons.
Equipment+15% + 15% for hands.

Best regards,
Renato

arkay
10-03-2006, 11:16 AM
I would say 20% for labour and 10% for sundries. But be careful for the latter - this is the item that varies most depending upon a few factors:
- Installation techniques
- Whether the equipment and panel supplier/s has got complete information, drawings, etc.
- Accessories sent with the equipment, e.g., whether the supplier sends plenty of silicon, enough wiring, tapes, etc.
- Control of wastage, of course.

Hope this helps.

Josip
10-03-2006, 12:54 PM
arkay I would say 20% for labour and 10% for sundries. But be careful for the latter - this is the item that varies most depending upon a few factors:
- Installation techniques
- Whether the equipment and panel supplier/s has got complete information, drawings, etc.
- Accessories sent with the equipment, e.g., whether the supplier sends plenty of silicon, enough wiring, tapes, etc.
- Control of wastage, of course.

Hope this helps.

Renato RR 5 days 2 persons.
Equipment+15% + 15% for hands.

Best regards,
Renato

Why you stick around percentages when you don't know the final amount :confused:

I did not mention any material delivery, it will be very easy to calculate this job having material within, ha:)

Client will obtain complete material and all material will be at hand and must be installed :)

Guys, tell me how much money you will ask to install that equipment considering everything what must be done :)

Thanks again for help.

arkay
10-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Hey Josip,

Just check out where I am from!!!
The prices I have here are simply not relevant for you. We import equipment from Europe or South Africa. We have to include the huge freight costs, + we have 55% duties to pay to the customs. Labour rate are not the same as in Europe.
Also I don't know where you want to get your equipment from: the prices of Italian equipment is certainly not the same as German equipment for example.
Sorry buddy, I can't help with the price...

Josip
10-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Just check out where I am from!!!
The prices I have here are simply not relevant for you. We import equipment from Europe or South Africa. We have to include the huge freight costs, + we have 55% duties to pay to the customs. Labour rate are not the same as in Europe.
Also I don't know where you want to get your equipment from: the prices of Italian equipment is certainly not the same as German equipment for example.
Sorry buddy, I can't help with the price...

Helo Arkay,

Forget about material :) assume it is all at site, just give us an example how much that will cost in your country :) to see the difference doing the same job. I believe it will be surprise for gentlemen on RE....

Thanks

Renato RR
10-03-2006, 03:47 PM
1300 USD + tax.

arkay
11-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Well, if done by a professional contractor here it would cost around USD 1700.- + 15% VAT.
This will include free intervention during the warranty period, which normally is 1 yr.
But normal labour rate is around USD 40.- per manday, excluding transport charges.

Andy
12-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi Josip
Panels cost to you for erection would be say 12 to 15 euros for every m2 of panel area + fitting Doors. Fridge units (2) a week for a man, dependant on run say 60 euros an hour for 40 hours.

Kind Regards. Andy.