PDA

View Full Version : Getting colder Temperatures on the Right side of a display case.

kengineering
06-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Seasons Greetings Everyone! ♫♪ ♫ ♪ La la la la la - la la - la - la ♫ ♫

OK her we go. I am developing a double-pallet sized open front display case. It is 9.5 ft.- long X 6.4 ft. High X 4.3ft. deep. It has 9ft pallet rack with 2- pallets on the bottom 2- on top rack. Its full of Test packs and its running good but the right side is noticibly colder. Example: left bottom front 40°f , right bottom front - 34°f. and 3rd shelf left front - 39°f , 3rd shelf right front - 29°f . The other locations are of a similar discrepancy. My cold air discharge air curtain is ; left - 23.3, center - 24.1, right - 23.4.

I have built this case from the ground up. I am satified that nothing impeades my airflow but i know strange things happen when getting it to behave..

Thoughts?

Rob White
07-12-2013, 11:40 AM

Photos............... :)

Could you post a few photos so we can see what it looks like?

Regards

Rob

kengineering
10-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Pictures aren't the best it barely fits in our Lab. 109711097210973

Rob White
10-12-2013, 07:25 PM
What I would do is put 2 sheets of plywood over the front,
totally covering the opening and then run. See if there is a
difference to it running without the wood?

That will give you an idea if it is external or internal air disruption?

Regards

Rob

al
10-12-2013, 07:37 PM
as with Rob, are you losing a lot of air out the bottom/front? Similar style to roll in milk chillers, but they have a hydralic front to retain air.

pauram
10-12-2013, 08:26 PM
I assume you are using propeller type fans. Assume also CW rotation, most common. They twist air to the right. Reduce static pressure on fans (could be the finned coil) and air-flow will straighten somewhat.

pauram
10-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Assume you are using propeller type fans. Also assuming evaporator coil is close to fans, rather than away from each other. Assumption also fan blades are CW rotation. Propeller fans twist air.

To reduce this effect unload static pressure on fan blades, such as move coil away, or increase duct area(s)