PDA

View Full Version : Sabroe smc 112s

waynegrey
03-12-2013, 12:56 AM
Hi everyone,

does anyone have a service manual for a sabroe smc112s that gives tightening torques etc for a top end overhaul?
Email is waynegrey@btinternet.com

as as much info as possible would be great as I may have to change cylinder liners etc at a later date depending on what nasties I find when I open her up! She's been running for at least 15000 hrs without any sort of inspection....gulp!

also, I have tried most of the compressor manufacturers over the years for rebuilds here in the uk ..thermocom, halltherm, truemetic etc etc.(the list goes on) in your experience guys, who offers the best quality rebuild for something like a copeland?..

hookster
03-12-2013, 08:01 AM
Hi Wayne

Best overhaul is always the one you do yourself, if you can forget the re-manufacturers.

15000Hrs is nothing for a SMC and you will be pleasantly surprised. The worst thing for compressors is bad operating conditions and opening them up. I still remember learning bath tub curves for ppm planning :)

Still it is always worth replacing valve plates to prevent catastrophic failure.

waynegrey
04-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Hi Hookster,

Thanks for the reply.
I am performing the overhaul myself and replacing all the ring plates and suction/discharge rings as a matter of course.

The reman in question is a Copeland D6RT 3000 AWM. just wondered what everybody elses thoughts were on who were the best...

GHAZ
04-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Hi whats wrong with the copeland is it mechanical or is the motor burned

waynegrey
09-12-2013, 12:02 AM
Hi whats wrong with the copeland is it mechanical or is the motor burned

Its electrical..2nd set of windings (50/50) down to earth...

Jamescomps
11-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Hi there, I know a great compressor remanufactures if you email me on jamessteiger94@gmail.com I will send you there details .