PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed - Fridge not working on Hotpoint Mistral FF91

karlaskie
08-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Hi
I know I've come onto a forum dedicated to use by the trade but would appreciate any advice or help with a problem I have with my fridge freezer. Its a Hotpoint Mistral FF91 and the fridge compartment doesn't cool tyo the required temperature. The freezer section is working fine.
When I set the zone to the fridge it reads +22. If I try to change the setting back to something like +4 it doesn't appear to save the setting and just goes back to +22.

Any advice gratefully appreciated

Karlaskie

karlaskie
08-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Quick update
I THINK (fingers crossed) I've now sorted. Found out it was likely to be the thermistors so I replaced both them and things now appear to be back to normal.

Many thanks

chillin out
08-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Found out it was likely to be the thermistors so I replaced both them
Isnt there 3 of them?

One in the fridge, two in the freezer.

Its normaly the one in the freezer section that is stuck to the evaporator that fails. Causing the fan to to run.

Chillin:) :)

zevrap
02-07-2007, 09:29 PM
hi therte im having the same problems with my hotpoint mistral would much appreciate if u can tell where are the therm... located and how do u change it
thanks

srumbles
11-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Hey there, by the osunds of it I am havign the same problem with my fridge/freezer. Can you let me know if replacing the thermistors worked ok?? also which ones did you replace?

Thanks,

srumbles.

petefarmer63
09-01-2010, 12:26 PM
I have the same issues as above, I currently reside in Australia, where can I get hold of these Thermistor things?

tonto33
09-01-2010, 11:03 PM
email airkool@mail.co.uk if need thermistors can send any where in world

derekhart99
04-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Hi, Got similar problem with my Hotpoint Mistral (not sure of model as id has gone) . Fridge is at +18 C . Freezer is at -22 C but has alternated. Have changed evaporater thermistor but still the evap fan does not work and fridge is still same temp. On removing evap thermistor fan works. Was thinking of changing the freezer thermistor but how would this affect the evap fan?
door switch is working ok.

taz1969
03-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Hi to all
Im hoping some1 can help me with my problem, im new to the site but have read many of the problems and many seem to have the same...
I have a HOTPOINT MISTRAL IC dont know the model no any where on the unit.
As many others both were working fine maybe a little noisy at times but working then the temp on the fridge started to raise from the +3 up to +22 and will not move from that freezer has remained on -20 to -22, i have tried a few things...turning it off over night didnt work , enptying out the fridge..and checking the fridge door had not dropped .
so any advice would be a godsend and where i could get the parts from .
THANKS

taz1969
03-01-2011, 05:40 PM
HI
Would i need just the 2 or the 3 that some have mentioned and what cost am i lookin at.
THANKS TRACEY

tonto33
03-01-2011, 06:10 PM
best to replace all looking about £40 for the lot

taz1969
03-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Thank you and where is best to get them from. looks like im getting out the tools lol i take it they r easy to fit.
TRACEY

tonto33
03-01-2011, 07:24 PM
we stock them email airkool@hotmail.co.uk

taz1969
03-01-2011, 07:24 PM
thank you and where is best to get them from. Looks like im getting out the tools lol i take it they r easy to fit.
Tracey
sorry ive got the email add will sort x

frigorifero
16-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Hello to all,
I just joined this forum, as I found useful information searching the web looking for some solution to the same problem that everybody else here seams to have with the Hotpoint Mistral Fridge Freezer.
I'm in the same situation: freezers works spot on (-22) but the temperature in the fridge is the same as the room temperature. The fan in the fridge isn't working: the question is why? I tried to switch off and on, no result. I cleaned the bottom compartment and when doing so, I disconnected and plugged back in the connection that is between the evaporator fan and the compressor. As a consequence of this the fan in the fridge started working again and the temperature in the fridge was back to where it should be. Unfortunately this fix works only for a few hours, after which the situation reverts back to fan in the fridge non working.
Can I assume that one of the thermistor needs replacing? Or is it better to replace them all? How do I get to the thermistor, non having a service manual at hand?
Thanks!

frigorifero
16-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Hi again,
I forgot to mention in the previous post that my fridge model is FF93YS, I think that the thermistor are all the same though.

tonto33
16-01-2011, 11:22 PM
yes same ones we stock them if needed airkool@hotmail.co.uk

AnnieBelle
13-06-2011, 11:35 PM
This seems to be a common problem with the Hotpoint Mistral fridge not working. My fridge is stuck at 18+ and not working, freezer is OK at -22. I think I understand that the thermistors need changing but not quite sure how many and where they are situated. I'm on my own and quite elderly so this is a bit tricky for me. I have seen the website where these parts can be ordered but I would need to let my friend know where he could locate them inside the freezer or fridge to change them for me. Does anybody know that could help me please, I'm a little anxious about this and my friend is not very technical. Thank you

AnnieBelle
13-06-2011, 11:49 PM
This seems to be a common problem with the Hotpoint Mistral fridge not working. My fridge is stuck at 18+ and not working, freezer is OK at -22. I think I understand that the thermistors need changing but not quite sure how many and where they are situated. I'm on my own and quite elderly so this is a bit tricky for me. I have seen the website where these parts can be ordered but I would need to let my friend know where he could locate them inside the freezer or fridge to change them for me. Does anybody know that could help me please, I'm a little anxious about this and my friend is not very technical. Thank you