PDA

View Full Version : Ok another stupid question

29mv29
27-11-2013, 07:03 PM
I'm being thrown into a situation that's beyond my control however I have to control the situation. I have a basic understanding of restaurant refrigeration units. If I were to purchase Tech method, Would I be able to accurately diagnose a reefer unit? And if not,is there somebody on this forum that could consult me with troubleshooting if I paid them for it? If it seems like I'm desperate, it's because I am. So please somebody help me

frank
27-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Regarding the Tech Method books, I would you suggest you direct your question to our member Gary, the author. He is in a better position to answer your enquiry.

Like any trade or profession, understanding the methods/details/workings, takes many years. Books on the subject can explain the basics but you need hands on experience to become proficient. Piano playing looks easy until you try it. :D

My advice would be to employ a trained professional to help you.

29mv29
27-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Thank you Frank.
i am a one man restaurant maintenance company and cant afford a reefer tech this moment. i am almost finished with an online cert through Penn-Foster and am setup for college in January for an AAS in refrigeration. Would you know if there is a reefer consulting company out there? Could I utilize these forums for assistance in troubleshooting? Would it be rude if i messaged Gary for assistance?

install monkey
27-11-2013, 08:58 PM
feel free to message anyone on the forum- use the search tab and search -reefermechanic

29mv29
28-11-2013, 12:24 AM
reefermechanic, wow. he is very helpful. unfortunately, i do not have permission to PM anyone here

Peter_1
28-11-2013, 06:20 AM
Why you need a reefermechanic if you work in small refrigeration cooling like found in restaurants?