PDA

View Full Version : line or neutral to capacitor ????????????

kefah
19-11-2013, 07:47 PM
hi
this is my first thread here
as u know in most classic air conditioner split unit (non inverter)
the indoor unit PCB is control the outdoor by disconnecting or connecting the line (L)
of the comprssor and fan motor etc
while the neutral (N) is connected directly to the capacitor
as example

http://im34.gulfup.com/xS9kQ.jpg

but in very liitle types
the line (L) is connected directly to the capacitor while the (N) is controlled from the indoor unit PCB

http://im34.gulfup.com/BnEbN.png

so which method of wiring is best
and what are their advantage and disadvantage

install monkey
19-11-2013, 07:58 PM
as long as your capacitor is accross your start/run winding it doesnt matter- in the uk we switch lives , never switch neutrals, in america they switch neutrals, but ive seen your video of power and the state of that frazzled pot- so i see anything goes
what countries manufactured them units the wiring diagram came from?

kefah
19-11-2013, 08:02 PM
the first diagram is from LG split unit made in turkey
the second is made in jordan by Haier

nike123
19-11-2013, 08:15 PM
It doesn’t matter since, for example, here in Croatia, and many other countries you can turn power plug at 180° and doing so you change what is line and what is neutral.

kefah
19-11-2013, 08:26 PM
i know that
as example
u can insert the plug of any electric device such as TV radio etc as u want
i know its not matter
but why the diagram of the second split unit is reversed of the fisrt one ???????
it was able to make the diagram simlar to the first diagram

frank
19-11-2013, 08:34 PM
As Install Monkey says, it doesn't matter if you put the capacitor in circuit in the Live or Neutral, both ways will work.

Some Countries switch the Live (the UK) and some Countries switch the Neutral(such as the USA).

What you are looking at is 2 different ways of wiring adopted by different Countries.

install monkey
19-11-2013, 08:36 PM
ring lg and haier's technical dept:eek:

kefah
19-11-2013, 08:42 PM
ok
thank u all

MikeHolm
24-11-2013, 01:36 AM
as long as your capacitor is accross your start/run winding it doesnt matter- in the uk we switch lives , never switch neutrals, in america they switch neutrals, but ive seen your video of power and the state of that frazzled pot- so i see anything goes
what countries manufactured them units the wiring diagram came from?

Whoa, IM, we usually switch on the hot wire too. It wouldn't be much fun checking on a load and accidentally shorting it out when the switch is off.

nike123
24-11-2013, 02:39 AM
Therefore, here, you first check what is on switch, line or neutral. If it is neutral, then your first move is to turn your plug for 180° and than you proceed with testing.;)

install monkey
24-11-2013, 07:17 AM
you need to test and prove system is dead prior to working on it- also lock out isolators:p
the issue is different countries have different wiring standards- some kit has fuses on the live, neutral - some switch the neutral through an isolator
then you open up a trane unit- more black wires u can shake a stick at- 2 phases permanantly feed fan motors (blower is their terminology) then they use an open contactor with 24v coils and u might be luck to find 3 fuses- usually on the control ciruit

Whoa, IM, we usually switch on the hot wire too. It wouldn't be much fun checking on a load and accidentally shorting it out when the switch is off.

B G Scott
24-11-2013, 09:21 AM
you need to test and prove system is dead prior to working on it- also lock out isolators:p
the issue is different countries have different wiring standards- some kit has fuses on the live, neutral - some switch the neutral through an isolator
then you open up a trane unit- more black wires u can shake a stick at- 2 phases permanently feed fan motors (blower is their terminology) then they use an open contactor with 24v coils and u might be luck to find 3 fuses- usually on the control circuit

Just a quick point in the US Black is the live (hot) wire, Neutral is White, I am sure you know this but just to clear up confusion, it is in all probability best when working on equipment built with different standards wise to ignore the cable colours (colors) and work with the wiring diagram, (if you can find it!!)