PDA

View Full Version : Bitzer (High Oil Pressure)

Arctic North
18-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Hello Guys,

Please I need advise on a oil pressure problem.

Bitzer Semi 6cyl running on R22 for Packaged Air Con unit. Suction 6BAR, HP 18BAR, oil 16BAR and ambient 36 d/C in South Africa.
The oil diff switch cuts the comp out about after 3min running, Why is the oil pressure so high? Everything seems to be ok with the comp. did perform a efficiency test and it passed no abnormal noises from the valve gear. But can not get the oil pressure down to normal at 2bar plus suction.

Any advise will help at this stage.

Thanks

frank
18-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Have you done a pump down test?

GHAZ
18-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Hi take off the oil pump bearing housing and examine the oil prv which is a 1/8 npt fitting screwed in the bearing housing. Take it out and with a 3mm drill bit try to press the small valve down. It should move freely. The 2nd check is the bearing itself in the housing it should have a hole in it around the middle. If it doesnt then the oil cant travel through the crankshaft.If thats all fine then your crankshaft is blocked further down and needs grub screws taken out and cleaned

Arctic North
18-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Yes I did, and the suction stayed on vacuum for a while.

Jamescomps
26-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Hi take off the oil pump bearing housing and examine the oil prv which is a 1/8 npt fitting screwed in the bearing housing. Take it out and with a 3mm drill bit try to press the small valve down. It should move freely. The 2nd check is the bearing itself in the housing it should have a hole in it around the middle. If it doesnt then the oil cant travel through the crankshaft.If thats all fine then your crankshaft is blocked further down and needs grub screws taken out and cleaned

I couldn't have said it better Ghaz !!